Live rock $2/lb or cheaper

Buy, Sell, Trade, Extra Parts? List it here. Reef/tank-related only, please.

Moderator: BraenDead

Live rock $2/lb or cheaper

Postby Bapan on Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:27 pm

I have approx 100 lbs of live rock that I don’t need as I have significantly downsized. The rock has been in my old sump since late Oct 2020 with heat and my old return pump moving water from the right chamber back to the left. It has been without fish for months so it should be ick free. I am selling it for $2/lb or all of it for $125 including the sump, return pump and heater so keep the pieces you want and you could store and sell the rest. Btw you don’t need to take everything. Various sizes and shapes as this was all in my prior 100 gal tank.
Bapan

Re: Live rock $2/lb or cheaper

Postby MM on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:18 am

Ick free? I would love to pick up some more rock if I had time. I just find it funny that you have to even say that. That's the internet teaching nonsense to newbies for you. They want to know if its free of the life that makes it live too. :lol: Most newbies don't have a singe piece of real live rock in their tanks because the internet tells them to be scared to death of it. They post pics of amphipods and bristle worms on the internet and asked how to get rid of them. At least the internet now tells them not to boil their live rock in case there is an invisible zoanthid hidden somewhere on there and it kills their whole family. I wonder if they are afraid to buy frags because they think they will bring ick into their tanks. Amazing that I haven't lost a fish to ich in decades even though I add corals and fish so regularly.

Do you still have the rock? Where are you located?
MM

Re: Live rock $2/lb or cheaper

Postby MadeForThat on Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:39 pm

I would be interested :) Where are you?
MadeForThat

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade