Sohal Tang - looking for a home

Buy, Sell, Trade, Extra Parts? List it here. Reef/tank-related only, please.

Moderator: BraenDead

Sohal Tang - looking for a home

Postby Mark on Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:35 am

Hi -

A friend of mine who lives outside of town has a Sohal Tang he has had for a while that needs a new home. Lovely fish.

I think he's asking $65 for it, PM or email me and I'll get you his # if interested.

Mark
Mark

Postby Toddah on Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:57 am

How big? how old?
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Postby Mark on Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:00 pm

He hasn't gotten back to me, but I thought 3-4".

Age? Unknown ... though probably not more than a year, I dunno.

I'll let you know.
Mark

Tang

Postby Toddah on Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:30 pm

Yes I am interested, Just a few questions.
Healthy?
Overly aggressive?
Why are they wanting to git rid of it?
Just want to know some history, I have a fairly peaceful 110 tank with a 2" tomato clown and a 3" yellow tang and don't want someone elses problem fish, but if its a good fish and healthy then I am in. I have been looking at these as an addition and if they just need to git rid of it I would sooner buy local so shipping trauma is minimized.
Let me know
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Postby Mark on Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:17 am

I can't verify anything really ... all I know is what I've stated. Reasons for getting rid of fish ... unknown. I'd research, consider for yourself.

Email me privately with any questions I can help with, though.

Anyway, I'm emailing you his email addy.

Mark
Mark

Tang has a new home

Postby Toddah on Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:35 am

Connected with Rich and I will be picking up Mr Shoal this weekend
Toddah

Postby Mark on Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:41 am

I hope it works out well for you.

One of my favorite fish ... eventually I'll have a tank big enough.
Mark

Postby Toddah on Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:55 pm

I'm hoping the 110 with only a light fish load will be enough exercise area for him to feel at home. My only worry now is the Yellow tang and this guy and there relationship to each other. rock arrangements and night transplant are planned so I hope it works out.
Toddah

Postby klasikb on Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:37 am

Good luck with adding your sohal, hopefully your yellow tang is not as nasty as mine is when it comes to adding new tangs. We have a sohal in our 110 and so far so good. He is wonderful fish, for now. It will be interesting to see him grow. In one or two years he will be in a bigger tank.
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

He's here

Postby Toddah on Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:45 pm

Thanks Kalsikb,
The Shoal has been transplanted and things are going well so far. There was a introductory showing of fins and a few swipes with the tail scalpels but I don't think there were any hits. they seem to be just trying to find their own space. The Shoal changes the whole tank as he is a very fast swimmer and likes to do laps around the live rock "island" in the center of the tank. He is definitely the most beautiful fish I have ever had, the colors and shading are just stunning.

Thanks to Mark for the word about the fish !!!!!!!
Toddah

Postby Mark on Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:10 am

I'm happy it worked out!

Just wish it was mine ....
Mark

Postby BraenDead on Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:05 am

Where are the pictures?? :)

Hope everything works out well

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Mark on Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:11 am

Todd ... did you see Rich's tank? I haven't been out, yet want to see that monster.

Mark
Mark

Rich's Tank

Postby Toddah on Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:33 pm

A few words BEAUTIFUL! absolutely OUTSTANDING!
I must have spent about an hour and a half looking, talking comparing notes.
I dare say I am glad my wife did not go with me. she would have not been impressed with the way his reef hobby envelopes his whole living space. He really knows his stuff, at least his tank and its inhabitents would seem to tell you that.
Everything was large and colorful to include fish corals and in general the whole system.
If you get the chance go see it !!!!!
I think the main show tank is like a 240 made of Crystal glass ( or something like that). I think the tank was larger than my first apartment :shock: It definetly has more power wiring than my first apartment. Someplace there is a KMART missing it's parking lot lighting system :lol:
Toddah

Postby Mark on Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:54 pm

Just what I figured.
His 135 was too small ... and seeing house 9 months ago I know exactly what you speak of. Or rather, can imagine what it's like with a 300 gallon starfire tank in there.

I'm happy for him, really ... it was a nightmare [the whole tank episode] and happy it's getting settled in. Sorta makes you want to get rid of your puny reef, though.

Anyway ... glad you got to go see. He's a great guy + I'm glad it worked as it did. I like you both :)

Mark
Mark

Next

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade