damaged 120 fs cheap

Buy, Sell, Trade, Extra Parts? List it here. Reef/tank-related only, please.

Moderator: BraenDead

Postby jbartig on Sun May 01, 2005 9:34 pm

Was this an All-Glass tank? Anyone have any idea how Jack got the holes drilled for the center overflow. I thought the bottom glass on All-Glass 120G tanks was tempered.

Jeff
jbartig

Location: Brooklyn, WI - about 15 miles directly south of Madison

Postby Ereefic on Sun May 01, 2005 10:01 pm

If I remember correctly, Jack built that tank himself.
Ereefic
Site Admin

standard for AGA

Postby Toddah on Mon May 02, 2005 7:45 pm

I think the 5/8" bottom was their standard. my issue is I can't get 5/8" from any of the glass shops I have contacted. I am thinking of 1/2" + 1/8" sheets set together. kind of like glass plywood.

No, I won't be going with a center overflow because I want to use the depth of the tank for aquascaping.
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Postby BraenDead on Mon May 02, 2005 8:05 pm

With All-Glass using 5/8" tempered glass on the bottom, can you safely use non-tempered glass of the same thickness?

I really have no idea to the answer, I am very curious with this.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby moujon on Mon May 02, 2005 9:10 pm

Todd- I'll send you the number of my local glass place. They were able to get the aquarium glass last time I requested some pieces.
moujon

All Glass replies

Postby Toddah on Thu May 05, 2005 3:19 pm

All glass sent me an answer (great customer service).
They stated they currently use 3/8 tempered glass on the 120's so I will most likley go with 1/2 tempered. I dont think tempered is any stronger on the surface strength of the sheet but it would be far less lilkey to break from point impact. I would think you could use regular glass and then protect it with a layer of the cutting board material people are using now in BB tanks to achive similar impact resistance..
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:32 pm

is this creation gonna have water in it by sunday?
my fish drink better then i do!

OceanNwisconsin

Postby Toddah on Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:23 pm

No but is is very pretty gracing my driveway, I had to replace the clutch in my car so there went my mad money for awhile so this project was placed on hold. It will get done but I need to save some money first. It is the plight of being a government worker "NO MONEY" :shock:
Life was much more fun when I was a private industry Senior Controls Design Engineer the only problem then was I worked 80 Hrs a week and had no time to spend it :shock:
Toddah

Previous

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade