Sump FS or trade

Buy, Sell, Trade, Extra Parts? List it here. Reef/tank-related only, please.

Moderator: BraenDead

Sump FS or trade

Postby Beer Reefer on Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:02 pm

Hi,

I have a 29 gal glass sump for sale. It's baffeled and could be used a fuge also.

Looking for $50.00 or will trade for some frags. I'll try to post some pics as soon as I figure out how to register in the gallery.

Thanks
Beer Reefer

Postby ReefZoo on Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:35 pm

PM sent...
ReefZoo

Possibly Interested

Postby sslak on Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:44 pm

I'm interested, but it will be a while before i'm ready to buy anything. I need to do more research so i know what the hell i'm doing before i buy a tank and ruin some perfectly good live sand and rock.

Things I think I need.

Tank
Stand (considering building)
Canopy and Lights
Sump
Pump
Skimmer
RO/DI water unit (do i need one of these??)

I also need to find out what kind of money i'm looking at for monthly maintnance. I've heard people running to the LFS to buy medicine and chemicals and whatnot all the time. I rarely have to do that for my freshwater tank. I don't want to commit to an investment that i cannot maintain. If you get an offer, sell it. If not maybe i'll take it off your hands if you've still got it later.
Steve
sslak

Postby SaltyMad on Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:41 pm

Build your own stand it is cheaper and you can design it to fit your needs. Same with the canopy, retro lighting systems are cheaper than the pre-made.
Don't forget about powerheads :shock: :mrgreen:
IMO You need to get a RO/DI, they are not that expensive, have you looked on Ebay for one?
As far as running to the LFS, the only reason I go there is to buy food and more livestock :oops: :D
SaltyMad

Postby Beer Reefer on Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:44 pm

Here is a link to a thread on RC with a pic of the sump
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthrea ... ost5564489

Dimentions of the compartments are, 5 3/4" where the water enters, 10 3/4" skimmer or fuge area, 2" baffel, 2" baffel, 8 3/4" return pump area.
Beer Reefer

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade