Using the gallery

Information about the website, forums, etcetera

Moderator: BraenDead

Using the gallery

Postby BraenDead on Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:31 pm

I will try to cover the basics of the gallery with this post. There are a lot more features/capabilities which are not covered in this post, but this will serve as a basic guide to get started and posting pictures.

The first thing to keep in mind with the Gallery is that it requires you to register seperately from the members section and the forum. Each section of the website (members, gallery, forum, and mailing list) require you to sign-up and register seperately.

After you register and login to the gallery, you will need to create an album to keep your pictures. Click on the "Admin Mode" button, then click on the "Create / order my albums" button. On this page, click the "New" button to create a new album. At this point, you can start to upload pictures right away by clicking on the Upload Pictures button. On this page, you select the album, select the file (click the "Browse..." button), enter a title, and optionally enter a description and keywords (used for searching).

Albums are used to organize your photos into picture albums, such as one for each tank, one for each batch of pictures to organize by dates, or just enter them all into the same album (the easiest way to do it).

Keep in mind, in order to view the photos uploaded to the gallery in their highest resolution, you may need to click on them to open the originally uploaded photo.

If anyone has any questions regarding the gallery, please let me know!

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby tzenda on Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:20 am

the site will not allow me to login to the gallery, ive regestered and even waited a couple of days but it still wont let me log in.
Your body is not a temple, its an amusment park. Enjoy your time there.
tzenda

Postby BraenDead on Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:40 am

After you register, the site sends you an email to confirm your registeration. In this email, you need to click a link to activate your gallery account. If you did not get the email or can not activate the account, let me know (private message) and I can manually activate it for you. The email will look similar to the following:

Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:23 PM
To: Bob Dankert
Subject: MARS - Registration confirmation

Thank you for registering at MARS

Your username is : "xxxx"
Your password is : "xxxxxx"

In order to activate your account, you need to click on the link below
or copy and paste it in your web browser.

http://www.madisonreef.com/gallery/regi ... 911aaf14a8

Regards,

The management of MARS
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby tzenda on Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:06 am

oops didnt see the click on me link the first time, must just have glanced at it. it works now

thanks
Your body is not a temple, its an amusment park. Enjoy your time there.
tzenda

Return to Website Questions