Disappearing pictures?

Information about the website, forums, etcetera

Moderator: BraenDead

Disappearing pictures?

Postby mytulip9 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:46 pm

It seems like some of my pictures are disappearing from my posts. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'll post one day and preview it and everything looks normal but when I go back a few days later to look at someone's response some of my pictures are gone and there's only a little gray box in it's place. It's only happening to my vertical pictures and not any of the horizontal ones. I use Walgreens to post my photos, does anyone else? Maybe I'm doing something wrong or the pictures are only disappearing to me. Not sure. It happened in my "help I have a clam" thread and the "what did you get at the swap thread." I fixed those pics (edited the post and relinked the pic) so I'll check back in a few days and see if they're still there or if they've disappeared again.
mytulip9

Re: Disappearing pictures?

Postby BraenDead on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:33 pm

Hello! Sorry about the delayed response, been horribly busy at work lately. Most likely it is a problem with the host of the pictures either changing the link to the picture or not allowing hot linking to their pictures (linking to pictures from other sites). It is also possible that they implement bandwidth limits for users and that you have exceeded it, although this would affect all images you have.

I like hosting images at Google. You can setup a picasa web album and can host tons of images there, usually works rather well without problems. Let m eknow if you need help with anything or continue to have problems. Thanks,

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Return to Website Questions