Sounds like a hardcore modder to me

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Sounds like a hardcore modder to me

Postby Toddah on Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:58 pm

Lain-li is the custom case manufacturer correct?

I gave up cases about 4 years ago as I got tired of trying to work within the confines of any box so I just built a closet with wire shelves inside and 40MM "silent fans running at 70% duty cycle. I built some wooden platforms to hold the MOBO and the drives and PS above the MOBO.

I will eventually go to a used rack for U2 server chassies in the basement and run wireless VNC sessions or Terminal server for everything from my laptop.
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Postby Ereefic on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:43 pm

One more time, in English please. :P
Ereefic
Site Admin

Postby mfd78 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:58 pm

I think that was a case of bad aim. "Post Reply" and "New Post" look the same to computer geeks...
mfd78

Postby BraenDead on Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:03 am

Maybe I should put them on opposite corners? Of course, that might make things even worse!

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby mfd78 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:12 am

Nah! Just delete them both! :)
mfd78

Postby Bubbareefer on Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:36 pm

He lost me at 70% duty cycle. Last time I heard about that was from my grandma at thanksgiving dinner. I also thought U2 was a band. Sorry I don't understand how this was all put together.
Bubbareefer

OKOKOK

Postby Toddah on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:28 am

So I can't figure out which button to press, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
I was multitasking and not paying attention. I admit it!

Before it was a band it was a Submarine and a measurement of computer rack mounting space.
:D

Was your Grandmother an Engineer?

Translation for mere mortals:
Running a large fan at reduced speed reduces noise output by like 50% and keeps the same airflow as a smaller fan running at full speed.

70% Duty Cycle is achived by reducing voltage to the fan motor

Get a Computer and fulfill your destiny !!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Postby BraenDead on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:38 am

Todd,

I must admit that I have never heard it referred as U2 but as 2U (or U<n> versus <n>U as a general nomenclature), short for <n> units. I haven't been in the industry for all that long though - is U<n> the original terminology?

In the IT industry, even the nomenclature seems to change as quickly as the technology itself - always such a pain.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

BoB, I strand corrected. U R right

Postby Toddah on Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:11 pm

It was not until you actually printed both I saw the error of my ways. I apologize for trying to subvert the human condition as we know it today. :shock:
You are correct it is 2U :lol:

You know I can convers about almost any subject as long as the conversation remains between me myself and I, and I never have any trouble being understood. It's only when I try and communicate with other human beings my communication troubles rear their ugly head. :shock: :shock: :lol:
Toddah

Postby polaris192 on Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:58 pm

I'll just call the geek squad when I have a problem. I can load games and reload windows thats it. I used to known quite a bit about computers but that was around 10 years ago. I guess its like working on a car from the 70's yourself or having to take it to the dealer now days!
polaris192

Postby Toddah on Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:19 am

Ya Gotta Wanna!
It all is where your interest are. I am a Network Administrator for a living so computers are a rather large part of my life.
I setup test systems at home so I can do things that might endanger the flow of information in a production environment. Somehow I don't think the citizens of our city would buy into the OOP'S thing.
I just have been doing computers for so long I most likley would not know how to stop even if I wanted to.
By the way I have an AEM Engine Management computer in my RX-7 that allows me to tune anything on the motor with a laptop. thus merging my to altime favorite things, speed and computers in real life.
Toddah

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:05 pm

ill stick to modded x boxes. you guys are way over my head!
my fish drink better then i do!

OceanNwisconsin

Postby Zenislev on Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:55 pm

What computer parts would you recommend so I can play Oblivion with super ultra high graphics and framerate of 60+.

I'm looking towards the AMD route. But I heard theres gonna be some new processors coming out if they havn't already.

I'm no computer pro but I always wanted to build a next gen computer then wait 2 years until all the stuff I bought was old news.
Zenislev

Postby Bubbareefer on Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:19 pm

The 70% duty cycle was a bad joke about my grandmother talking about her bawel movements.
to answer the question above about oblivion, one simple piece, a xbox 360. I am hooked on that game for the 360 and the graphics are great. for $460 including the game it is alot easier than messing with your computer and from what I have heard the xbox game is better that the pc if you play online.
Bubbareefer

Postby Zenislev on Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:28 pm

I kinda quit with console gaming. Cause you just can't tweek those awesome games. But then you can't get some of those awesome games on PC.
Zenislev

Return to Club Lounge