Blu-Ray DVD Player Rocks!

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Postby Bubbareefer on Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:23 pm

The uncompressed pcm sound tracks use all speakers availible. Their will also be some 7.1 tracks by the end of the year and some 8.1 by the end of spring. The drawback to the ps3 is it won't have the control and play back like the other blue ray players but they will still be impressive. Of course to get all of these nice quaility toys you will need something that supports HDMI Audio because the 96kb optical can't handle the information, but still produces some kick ass sound.
Bubbareefer

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:29 am

Wow.. this just makes me lean more and more to the XBOX 360 and a HD-dvd player.

Last weekend a friend brought over his 360 and we hooked it up via component cables and I was blown away by the resolution, i was tempted to go out and get one that day!
my fish drink better then i do!

OceanNwisconsin

Postby perpetual98 on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:33 am

You'd be better off waiting for the Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD war to come closer to a conlusion before buying the HD-DVD player for your 360.

The PS3 will have more games in the long run than the 360, but the 360 should still have a boatload of games. I won't buy a 360 because it's a M$ product and they won't have the game that I want anyway. (GT)
perpetual98

Postby Don S. on Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:10 pm

360 is great I own one.. As for titles there isn't many exclusives left for Sony so the game margin won't be as big as people think, unless you count the ability to play old system games which in my opinion, why bother? Theres a reason the systems are called next generation.

The HD-DVD player will be great.. If people really researched the only added benefit to Blu-Ray is it can fit more information on 1 disk. But even consumer reports have stated right now HD-DVD is better.. Thats not to say Blu-Ray won't catch up.. But you never know. And since the base version of PS3 ($500) won't likely be having Blu-Ray, chances are 90% of all the games for it won't even be utilizing it.. There for its just an over glorified DVD player.

As for which system to support.. A real hardcore gamer will own them all, since they all will have a little something to offer over the other.
~Don~
Don S.

Postby perpetual98 on Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:38 pm

I'm not even close to a hardcore gamer, so it doesn't really matter to me. :)

The only game I really played on the PS and the PS2 was the Gran Turismo line of games, of which I have hundred upon hundreds of hours logged. Seeing as it's a Sony / Polyphony Digital game, I doubt that it's going to make it's way to the 360. :(

Oh well. I still have a 27" TV in my living room that we do 90% of our TV watching on and it doesn't have a bevy of connection options. My next TV will probably be a 1080P TV, but that's probably 2007 at the earliest anyway. We're more focused on getting into a new house than a nice TV. After my wife gets the house that she wants, then I can bend her arm and start getting the home theater to go with the new house.
perpetual98

Postby Gren on Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:29 pm

you will love GT on the ps3 then i played it at e3 the graphics blew me away.
Fiffty pirate frigates versus one ninja in a row boat....seems unfair for the pirates, doesn't it?
Gren

Previous

Return to Club Lounge