Your best Hippie Christmas snags....

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Your best Hippie Christmas snags....

Postby meisen on Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:10 pm

OK I know a lot of you dont celebrate this holiday but those of us with no shame and a frugal mindset can grab some sweet schwag off the streets of Mad City these days. I will start it off with my better grabs:

-55 gallon aquarium=watertight and no scratches
-45 "" with stand, light and Aquaclear..currently my gecko tank
-Sweet overstuffed couch, looked brand new except one cigarette burn....was our "love lounge" in college and survived 4 years of beer, puke and probably some other bodily fluids...yeech!!! That one got left behind when I moved.
-Bianchi Mountain Bike
-working lawnmower (not that I have a lawn to mow...)
-Full Thule Roofrack

And my all-time best (and most recent): A Johnny G. Spinning Bike! These things run around 1100.00 new...free! I think the only reason I got this was that it weighs like 150 lbs and no one else was stupid enough to try and move it.

anyway, happy hunting!
meisen

Postby Ereefic on Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:19 pm

I started reading this thread and I thought I was going to have to delete it. :lol:

Street Shwag? :smt033 :smt109
Ereefic
Site Admin

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:31 am

loL... i thought the same thing, read the first line as was like wth....

is this kinda like clean up day or something where everyone puts the trash the kids left from last year out on the curb?? if so and you find any mopeds/scooters.. pick it up for me.. ill give ya a finders fee!!
my fish drink better then i do!

OceanNwisconsin

Postby meisen on Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:40 am

I am guessing then that is a wisconsin slang for some illegal substances or something.....oops.

It always meant cool free stuff where I'm from although I guess that could apply in certain circumstances.

Reminds me of the time when I was working in PR and kept using the word "cosa" for things I didn't know the spanish for. Really funny to all the locals for some reason. Turns out that its slang in Puerto Rico for a womans privates. Made my saying "Mi cosa es grande" when I thought I was referring to a picture of a lion I drew a bit funnier for sure.
meisen

Postby Bubbareefer on Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:37 pm

Well here is anthor misunderstud one. When I say "I am from the Green State." It doesn't mean amsterdamn.
Also "Eric sells alot of rock." I don't mean he is dealing alot of crack. :lol:
Bubbareefer

Postby tzenda on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:36 pm

well one year i picked up a working clothes dryer and a working kerby vacume cleaner, and both were a well deserved find
Your body is not a temple, its an amusment park. Enjoy your time there.
tzenda

Postby meisen on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:42 pm

What/where is the green state Don? I thought we were all divided into blue and red states now.

Well found two more tanks this week.....one leaks but I think I am going to swap it for my 45 gecko tank.
meisen

Postby Gawain on Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:19 am

OceanNwisconsin, all the apartments around campus have a lease that ends on August 14 and new tenants move in on August 15. So, starting in early August, people who are moving leave a lot of stuff on the curbs. The city will come by and pick it all up, but a lot of folks love to go "treasure hunting."
Les
Gawain

Postby Bubbareefer on Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:46 pm

the green state is a nick name for Vermont. As for the rock coment i was talking to a customer of mine looking for rock, which the reply was Eric has been selling a lot of rock. My Boss or owner of the store looked at me a goes "You know crack dealers? What's wrong with you?" However I am sure my boss has some pretty good stories about Street Swag .
Bubbareefer

Postby meisen on Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:21 pm

Umm sorry close, but this coastie remembers that Vermont is the Green Moutain State......though you could make a case for it being green for other reasons too 8) I hear.

:lol:

So where is this Green State then? Is it like the Green Room or something cool I am, of course, excluded from?
meisen

Postby Bubbareefer on Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:04 pm

Yes we have alot of ummm happy trees out their but it is called the green state because of all the regular trees. We do not exclude anyone in our activities, I know some cops who's eye color is red, as long as you rember to pass to the left. .....
Bubbareefer

Postby moujon on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:37 am

I love this time of year! When we lived in Madison, I'd gotten a lot of fish tanks, furniture, appliances, etc- it's amazing what people throw away. Some of it I've used, and some I've been able to sell quite easily. Guess it's just a matter of timing.
Shel
moujon

Return to Club Lounge