Been to the drive-in lately?

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Been to the drive-in lately?

Postby teri on Wed May 09, 2007 8:08 am

When I was in HS (graduated '88 ), we used to pack Dad's little honda full of people and go to the drive-in by the RollerDrome (across from MATC-Truax). They used to have car night for around $10, did ya know you can fit about 9 kids, PACKED like sardines, into those little old hondas LOL

Anyway, maybe you've never been or remembering the drive-in gives you "warm fuzzies", there's 3 within an hour of Madison. We go 2-3/mo after Memorial Day (full-time open season), depending what's playing

HWY 18 Outdoor Theatre (Jefferson) - $7/adult - $4/6-11 - Free/0-5- UNSURE OF PET POLICY
http://www.highway18.com/

Big Sky Drive-In (Wisconsin Dells) - $6.50/adult $3.50/under 11 - ALLOWS LEASHED PETS
http://www.bigskydrivein.com/

SkyVue Drive-In Theatre (Monroe) - There's no website for this theatre, but movie listing @ 608.325.4545 - Unsure of prices - Under $7/person - NO PETS ALLOWED

All of these play 1st run movies, cash only & no carry-in food (pack that cooler under a blanket or in the trunk).

HAVE FUN!
12g SW set up since late June '11 but just picked up a 50 tall with 20 sump
& looking forward to getting it switched over after moving 2-1.
teri

Postby Falcon57 on Wed May 09, 2007 4:37 pm

My family used to pack the entire bunch in the green Chevy station wagon and to the Big Sky or Badger Drivin Theaters when I was a kid. Loved it and sorry it had to go.
Enjoying marine reef keeping without going broke.
http://www.infowars.com/
Falcon57

Postby Slakker on Wed May 09, 2007 5:47 pm

The outdoor in Jefferson is pretty nice, and only about 10 minutes from my house!

It's something like $7 for a double (sometimes triple) feature...A good deal, if you ask me!
Slakker

Postby meisen on Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:58 pm

Yeah four of us went to the one on highway 18 last year.....was sweet though lines for the food and the skeeters were harsh. We had one down the street when I was a kid. My bro worked there so *free movies all summer*

Now that we have our Maeve, its probably about the only way we'll get a movie in without a babysitter. Nice too that you can drink beer there if you arent blatant about it.
meisen

Postby Chachijoe75 on Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:17 pm

The house I grew up in Puerto Rico was about two miles from a Drive-In. It was a concrete, two story house. We used to go up on the roof because you coulld see the whole screen with binoculars. The sound didn't matter because it was mostly Hong-Kong cinema with subtitles.

Awesome memories!
Chachijoe75

Return to Club Lounge