BSL Candlelight Vigil in Madison this Sunday

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

BSL Candlelight Vigil in Madison this Sunday

Postby NYHCx516x on Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:11 am

I know there are some dog lovers on here...
From a flyer I printed up....

MY DOG VOTES WORLDWIDE CANDLELIGHT
VIGIL AGAINST BREED BANS

Event To Raise Global Awareness About Breed Discrimination
WHO: Dog owners in Madison

WHAT:
To take part in the annual, global vigil against breed bans, breed-specific policies that kill or punish innocent dogs. It is also to remember the families that have been forced to give their dogs up because they were the wrong breed. To provide information to the community to protect the public health and safety, as well as to support responsible dog ownership. This occasion marks the 3rd Annual My Dog Votes Worldwide Candlelight Vigil Against Breed Bans.

WHEN:
Sunday, August 19th, 8 PM, 2007

WHERE:
The pavilion at the top of State Street
(Intersection of State St, N Carroll and W Mifflin St)
NYHCx516x

Postby tim on Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:42 pm

Hey thanks for sharing this!!
tim

Postby NYHCx516x on Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:47 pm

Its been tons of work to get together. My friend and dog owner megan came to me for help with it. Ive had less than a week to throw it together, so i hope it all goes well. I would love to see anyone from teh board out there, if anyone comes out, I'kk be running the night, so just come up and introduce yourselves :)
NYHCx516x

Postby tim on Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:14 pm

Are the lovely bulle breeds allowed? We are thinking of coming with our 3 staffys.

And on a side, please keep me in mind for helping with future events like this. I am really passionate about BSL and fighting it.
tim

Postby NYHCx516x on Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:10 am

Of course!! :)

The location was chosen to allow dogs, I was going to use Peace park, but that park isnt dog friendly.
NYHCx516x

Postby tim on Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:30 am

I kind of figured but wanted to check. Thanks Tim We should see you up there.
tim

Postby NYHCx516x on Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:03 pm

Rain or shine, we will be out there. The rain may snub out the candles... but we all have spirit!
NYHCx516x

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:37 am

dang it.. been away from the boards to long i guess... how did it go?

i own a rottie so im totally against breed discrimination..

if you are doing anything like this in the future or know of anyways to fight this discrimination please feel free to email me ill help in any way!

mblock1@sbcglobal.net

thanks
marty
my fish drink better then i do!

OceanNwisconsin

Was a crazy weekend, wanted to go but missed it.

Postby Madison Jeff on Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:51 am

I heard Milwaukee has a breed ban, though I don't know details. but Madison and Dane County are very dog friendly. Is this an issue or potential issue?

My 105 lb. German/Anatolian Shepherd is the talk of the neighborhood...all the children love to pet & play with him (even those shorter than he is). I think it is his flopped over ear, he looks like Odie from Garfield or Wile E. Coyote....or maybe it is his gentle approach to kids and overly outgoing personality.

Anyway, you couldn't find a better "spokes dog" for showing that it is the owner, not the breed.

Lastly, did you have a Vick image in effigy...personally I hope some big bad-a__ who luvs his dogs will provide him an opportunity to fear completely helpless & completely in pain for what he has done to dogs. perhaps a better use of legislative focus would be on fully outlawing dog fighting, and changing legal terminology so it treats dogs as a member of family rather than a mere possession (stiffening the penalty for killing, harming &/or stealing it), if there is any thought about breed banning legislation which I was completely unaware of annd coudl never be supportive of....I would rather move away that live in such a community.
Madison Jeff
Madison Jeff

Postby tim on Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:42 pm

Everytime there is a headline event involing pitbulls it seems the Madison residents revist the BSL on dangerous breeds. But yet they never even look into the breeds or the breed traits. Such as loyality to humans. It just gets to me since I own three Staffordshire Bull Terriers and I would pack up and move before givng into the BSL crap.
tim

Return to Club Lounge