Floors

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Floors

Postby Sula on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:48 am

I need to replace some carpets, and am leaning toward hardwood floors for one of the areas. Anyone ever done this, and have any good places they've used for installation? I'm also trying to figure out a realistic price per square foot - it's a big area *gulp*

naturally this will also involve another tank move....sigh
Sula

Postby tim on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:37 am

Are you looking at real hard wood or something like pergo (fake hardwood). I have the pergo in my house, here when I bought it and It has held up great with three dogs and kids. Real hardwood will have more maintence and you have to be more carefull of damage, depending on the style wood you go with.

I have heard that hardwood for less on greenway cross in madison has good non contractor prices and a good selection. Although I have never been there.
tim

Postby Sula on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:58 am

I think for this area I'd like to go with the real thing if I can afford it. I'm leaning toward a pergo-type laminate in another area, but the kind that resembles tile :D

We found out yesterday that my husband has develped allergies to dogs and dust mites. With wall-to-wall carpeting and 3 dogs, this basically describes my whole house :roll:
So we need to figure out what we realistically can do now vs. later vs. eventually. We have a kid in college and another starting in a year, which leaves me barely enough to support my Acan habit. :lol:
Somehow we'll make it all work. Thanks for the tip, I'll check the place on Greenway Cross.
Anyone else?
Sula

Postby bobbet43 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:59 am

you can try floorworks in cottege grove. we use them alot at work, they do good work at a fair price. if you go with them let me know, maybe i'll be able to get a good price for you
bobbet43

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:04 pm

although laminate is "cheap" its not cheapo... plus after going to the parade of homes last weekend i seen some laminate in some pretty high end houses +$300000.00..... so check it out dont count it out...

also i must add that im biased anyways cause as i type this i have 1000 square feet of laminate sitting in my den waiting for me to get some ambition to install it..... oh btw im installing it OVER oak hardwood floors!
my fish drink better then i do!

OceanNwisconsin

Postby Sula on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:19 pm

yes, after visiting a few stores over the weekend I must say I am leaning now toward laminate - anything billed as "practically bulletproof" is a necessity for my house. :lol:
The prices at Floors for less are completely outstanding, plus they gave me samples to bring home to see in my room.
Sula

Postby jojowell on Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:49 pm

Ill bump an old thread up for ya. =)

-Joe
jojowell

Return to Club Lounge