I need help IDing some plants (edited)

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

I need help IDing some plants (edited)

Postby spbreeder on Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:26 pm

Some people we had over last night thought these may be poison ivy, I am really hoping not as we have acres of the stuff in our woods. I have had no past experience with it so I don't know. Just notice the woody stems in the photos, thanks for any help.

Image[/img]
Last edited by spbreeder on Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denise
spbreeder

Postby BraenDead on Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:34 pm

Wasnt able to view the link - required me to sign in (and I dont have a Kodak account).

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby spbreeder on Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:31 pm

Now the photos are so little, hmmm what a spaz :?
Denise
spbreeder

Postby meisen on Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:56 pm

um yeppers,

As far as I can tell from the pics it certainly is. Three leaves on each main stem, often shiny, tear shaped.

My grandfather developed a somewhat paranoid fear of the stuff in me when I was little. Funny thing was, it turned out I wasnt sensitive to it. I have repeatedly been exposed to it and never an itch. I guess the hayfever had to balance out somewhere :roll:

BTW sorry I never got back to you about the tent. I didnt get the meassage in time for your party and my neighbors didnt have any more info on it when I asked. Did you ever get it set up?
meisen

Postby spbreeder on Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:48 pm

That's Ok, not for the party but we contacted the manufacturer and they emailed us a copy of the manual, next time we will be ready. Luckily there weren't too many bugs.

I took a sample plant to the DNR in town and they said that it is poison ivy. I spent last sunday pulling out 2 large garbage bags full. I got most of it and since the ground in the woods is so sandy a great deal of the large runner root systems came out as well. I am hopefull that in the spring I can keep it under control.

Tell Deb Hi for me and give your little one a couple of extra smooches on her cheek. Thanks again,
Denise
spbreeder

Return to Club Lounge