Dish Network or DirecTV

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Postby ReefZoo on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:04 pm

I've had both DirecTV & DishNetwork over the years, and have been generally happy with both services. Currently, we have Dish & although they don't yet have all of the HD channels listed above, they have many of them, and currently offer more than DirecTV. Dish also has some unique channels that I don't think DirecTV will ever get, since Dish purchased a satellite from a 3rd provider (VOOM Networks). I'd say, compare the packages & find the one that suits your needs better. Dish has some lower priced ones, whereas DirecTV is the only place that offers the NFL Sunday Ticket. Either option blows Charter away, btw!

One final note... Dish does not have the local channels in HD yet (not sure about DirecTV), but will likely have them next year (as they have some new satellites set to launch). I actually purchased an HD antenna (for about $80 from Radio Shack) and have been pleased with the reception thus far (live 30 mi west of Madison), even though I only have it sitting on the floor behind the TV! The only channel that I have to move the antenna around a little for, is Fox47 (which for some reason decided to broadcast their HD channel on VHF, but I think those are going away soon, so I'd suspect they'll have to move it to UHF).
ReefZoo

Postby Landon on Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:33 pm

We switched to Dish Network after years of Charter and have been extremely happy with the last 9 months of service. Not sure how customer service is cause I've never had any reason to call them. :)
The Arctic Night-lights. "As if the natural world's been turned upside down." - Lord Mandrake
Landon

Postby snorulz on Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:33 pm

we are going to dish network next month, can't wait to say goodbye to charter!!
"some people are like slinky's, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."
snorulz

Postby spbreeder on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:04 pm

C'mon Shelia, you won't regret it.
Denise
spbreeder

Postby klasikb on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:24 pm

The DVR swayed me, it gets installed at the end of the month. Somebody is happy as a little boy on his birthday :)
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

Postby Ereefic on Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:04 pm

klasikb wrote:The DVR swayed me, it gets installed at the end of the month. Somebody is happy as a little boy on his birthday :)

:blob2: :blob3: :blob4: :blob5: :blob7: :blob8: :blob:

Now just need a new HDTV, a new Reciever, new speakers and we should be set. :wav:
Ereefic
Site Admin

Postby dirtband2 on Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:46 am

i'll keep charter i realy hate having a ugly ass dish in my yard or on my house plus when the weather is the worst is when you probly want the tv because of the weather updates.also why would you want to go outside just to wipe of a dish :?:
dirtband2

Postby SilverSurfer on Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:55 am

Ereefic wrote:
klasikb wrote:The DVR swayed me, it gets installed at the end of the month. Somebody is happy as a little boy on his birthday :)

:blob2: :blob3: :blob4: :blob5: :blob7: :blob8: :blob:

Now just need a new HDTV, a new Reciever, new speakers and we should be set. :wav:

Go for them new wireless speakers, o and the recliner chairs with built in subwoofers............... :D
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby Fishcrazy06 on Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:31 pm

We have had both. liked them both. never had an issue with weather yet! Knock on wood. Went to Dishnetwork because one dvr is able to be used for 2 rooms not just one. So basically your getting two dvrs. Just my 2 cents worth.
Eric
Fishcrazy06

Postby spbreeder on Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:37 pm

We have only had two snows in which we had to wipe off the dishes over the past 7 years. Sounds pretty petty when compared to the issues some have had with charter, plus the guide, NFL sunday ticket..........
Denise
spbreeder

Postby Ereefic on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:11 am

Dish is hooked up and it's pretty sweet! Had a pretty good down pour last night and everything was great!
Ereefic
Site Admin

Postby spbreeder on Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:35 pm

Does Shelia like it?
Denise
spbreeder

Postby Ereefic on Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:34 pm

spbreeder wrote:Does Shelia like it?

It recorded her show last night so she should be. But she hasn't had time to play around with it yet.
Ereefic
Site Admin

Postby spbreeder on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:18 pm

Ahh, the season passes are awesome. She'll like it once she gets to play a little.
Denise
spbreeder

Postby Ereefic on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:41 pm

The new HDTV makes it even sweeter. :wink:
Ereefic
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Club Lounge