Local Daycare Incident

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Local Daycare Incident

Postby SilverSurfer on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:35 am

Not sure how many have seen this but take alook happened in Sun Prairie:
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/251537

Really hits close to home, just don't think someone could do such a thing to a child not being their own especially! It has been on my mind for some time to do surprise visits to our daycare...
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Re: Local Daycare Incident

Postby tim on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:22 am

I think this is one of the sadest things that can happen. You trust these people with your kids, and ths is what happens. But I also understand the stress of alotof these childcare providers since most of them are working for a very low wage, while the centers are making a killing. I am not condoning this but stating the stress they carry. I have a couple friends that work, and one that directs a large daycare center and she deals with little stuff all the time.

Also like you said, as a parent you should always be allowed into drop by whenever you want. I tened to do this when my daugher was younger and when the age group she was in got a new teacher/instrctor. You ave to make sure your kids are safe.

If they do not have a open door policy to letting you the parents or grandparents stop by when you want other then pickup/drop off I would find a new center. As I woud feel they are hiding something.
tim

Return to Club Lounge