Associated Bank

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Associated Bank

Postby CUNAReefer on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:47 am

Hey All,

I overdrafted my Associated Bank account on accident by picking the wrong checking account when I paid a bill online. Associated Bank charged me $88 in fees for this one mistake. I went in to the bank and paid the $31 overdraft fee, but now they still want me to pay the rest of the fees. I refused and they threatened to contact all other financial institutions and cancel my ability to write checks for 7 years. I reminded them that they get my mortgage payment in the form of a check, so they threatened to forclose on my house. I still refused to pay the rest of the fees. [-X Am I being stubborn? :lol:

James
Dont hate the player, hate the game...
CUNAReefer

Re: Associated Bank

Postby Falcon57 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:48 pm

You are risking a great deal at this point. Pay the fees and file a complaint with the appropriate State and Federal agency concerning their practices. Don't play games concerning your home and the ability to pay bills. Hope everything works out.
Enjoying marine reef keeping without going broke.
http://www.infowars.com/
Falcon57

Postby CUNAReefer on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:06 am

Yup, I am going to pay the fees. I just wanted to give them a huge hassel. I think charging $5 a day until the fees are three times the initial fee is just wrong. Shame on you Associated Bank [-X
CUNAReefer

Postby SNAFU 2 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:14 am

I have US Bank, they only charge me at the ime was 35.00. with made me madd.
After that I got the overdraft protection works great.

Also I try Assc. Bank US Bank has better online service. I pay all my bills online

Tom
"Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile."
SNAFU 2

Postby REEFER410 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:49 am

I go through FDL Credit Union and they have an option to take money from savings if you overdraft. They charge five dollars which is a lot better than an overdraft fee.
REEFER410

Postby CUNAReefer on Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:45 am

Yeah, I may be biased because I work for CUNA, but I am thinking the credit unions are the best way to go.
CUNAReefer

Postby BraenDead on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:05 am

I couldnt beleive that you actually used a bank and not a credit union. Assoc. Bank is horrible. The best bank I have worked with is ING Direct. Absolutely no fees and I get 3.5% on my checking account.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby CUNAReefer on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:16 am

Yeah, I am going to be closing out the account. Associated is pretty bad.
CUNAReefer

Postby SPARKY on Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:22 pm

I agree associated bank is the worst! When they bought out First Federal we didn't stick around for long we had checking, mortage the same thing, They suck and can go back under the rock from witch they came from!!!
SPARKY

Postby mfd78 on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:07 pm

I can second the ING review from Bob. I've had no problems and better interest rates from them. I've been using them for about a year now.

Steve
mfd78

Postby Rueg on Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:03 am

I like Associated Bank. They have locations in so many places so when we travel... We don't travel too much or too far though - so can't really comment outside of WI. I believe they do also have the feature where they will withdrawl from savings if you overdraw. Their penalty fees seem high, but to be honest I have never really compared them. The many locations are really nice. Can't think of anybody else that has so many locations.
Rueg

Postby SPARKY on Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:15 pm

We had gotton used to First Fedral. We had accounts with them for over 10 years. We had been spoiled by the good customer service. Sorry I blew up in my last post. They still SUCK opps there I go again :lol:
SPARKY

Postby CUNAReefer on Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:10 am

No need to appologize here friend. Have you read the Charter post :lol:
CUNAReefer

Postby tzenda on Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:22 pm

i used to have an associated bank account and they are the absolute worst for everything. the locations dont make up the differece, ive never seen one outside of wisco
Your body is not a temple, its an amusment park. Enjoy your time there.
tzenda

Return to Club Lounge