Energy Bill Budget Plan

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Energy Bill Budget Plan

Postby Falcon57 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:10 pm

I was wondering if anyone uses the option offered by MG&E or other utilities to use a budget plan? I looked at my MG&E bill and it mentioned this option.
Enjoying marine reef keeping without going broke.
http://www.infowars.com/
Falcon57

Re: Energy Bill Budget Plan

Postby CUNAReefer on Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:43 pm

Ya know, I noticed this last month. I think Alliant Energy also offers something similar. My energy bills always seem to change drastically, so this seems like something I may be interested in. I'll keep you in the loop if I find anything out.

James
Dont hate the player, hate the game...
CUNAReefer

Postby Falcon57 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:19 pm

I heard the same thing and was wondering if this is something I should be involved in so I can better manage my money and possibly save money.
Enjoying marine reef keeping without going broke.
http://www.infowars.com/
Falcon57

Postby bobbet43 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:36 pm

we use it in stoughton, works nice knowing the bill is the same every month
bobbet43

Postby Sula on Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:26 pm

I used to use it and was just thinking I should do it again. If I recall correctly, MG&E uses a year's worth of projected use to come up with your total budget for the year, then divide it by 11, the 12th month is when it gets "trued up" - if your use was the same, you get a month without a bill, if it was over, you have a payment that month.
Does that sound right? If so, I think I want to time it so my 12th month is January, I never have money right after Christmas...... :lol:
When on a journey, it is good to have an end, but in the end it's the journey that counts.
Sula

Postby bobbet43 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:13 pm

stoughton has their on electric company, so to speak, when i first upgraded lights ans a second tank the bill was bound to go up. well, everything was running fine for months. when it came time for the end of the year for the budget, the bill didn't go up :o . well 6 months later they decided to finaly look at the plan, next thing we new was we had to an extra $100 a month to " get caught up".needless to saywe were not happy.
bobbet43

Postby apcsu on Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:17 pm

we use both budget plans on Alliant and Mg and e here on the far eastside. Works great, less stress wondering what the next bill is, about once a yeart they will adjust the budget so your not paying to much or to little, so expect an occasional difference in bill, but for most months it's the same, great option.
apcsu

Postby SPARKY on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:13 pm

Most utilities will bank so much if you are getting behind too much they will raise it. Sometimes it may take awhlile. I know with Alliant you can make a larger payment to bring your negative ballance down. Ours has gone up and down we have had it set up for years and I do like the knowing what the bill will be each month :D
SPARKY

Return to Club Lounge