Favre retired!?

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Favre retired!?

Postby jojowell on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:24 am

jojowell

Re: Favre retired!?

Postby cpandrewschmidt on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:14 pm

It appears that way :( It was a fun run though! I'm happy to see him go out on a good season because in reality it's so hard to win a super bowl in the NFL and I'm not sure they could have that run again next year. Rogers looked pretty good against Dallas. Too bad, I'm glad I got to see him twice.
180 gallon mixed reef
cpandrewschmidt

Postby Rueg on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:18 pm

Yup. As soon as Randy Moss re-signed and wasn't coming ot the Pack.......
Rueg

Postby Cow086 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:04 pm

when we heard the news there was talk about raising the flags to half mast at work today.
Cow086

Postby Fishcrazy06 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:15 pm

It is sad to see him retire. on another note I hope and pray that no one will lower the flag to half mast. That is an honor to be held for something far better than a person retiring from football.

Eric
Fishcrazy06

Postby tim on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Fishcrazy06 wrote:It is sad to see him retire. on another note I hope and pray that no one will lower the flag to half mast. That is an honor to be held for something far better than a person retiring from football.

Eric

Agreed 100%
tim

Postby Cow086 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:58 pm

I agree 100% and you have to understand im not working with the brightest in the bunch. After all i am a manager at a retail store. Im lucky if most of my staff graduated.
Cow086

Postby BillWeimer on Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:42 pm

Brett was always a different individual. He played the game he wanted to. If you didn't agree with him, then fine; he didn't really care. And for that, I think that there may have been some reasons outside of the realm of football which possibly caused him to retire.

In his retirement speech he mentioned Ronnie Hebert. A person he met up with from the Make-A-Wish foundation. He was mentally handicapped, but Brett took a lot of value in the relationship they had. Quite possibly, seeing someone close like that, at this particular point in his career, pass away places a little more emphasis on your family. And as he mentioned many times, preparation for games in the current age of football takes a lot more time than it did in times past; especially as the quarterback. Preparing for all the defensive packages that are around now, intermingles with complex blitz and coverage packages... it can get stressful. Spending time on that takes away time he could be spending with his family.

Anyways, that was a long ramble.

He was for the majority of my life, the Green Bay Packers quarterback (I'm 25, and all I can remember before, was a brief stint with Randy Wright and Magic). The next season will definitely be an off one.
BillWeimer

Return to Club Lounge