looking for used reclining couch and loveseat set

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:50 am

the speakers are klipsch center and surround and a 10 inch powered klipsch sub, a yamaha reciever powers everything. a SVS powered sub is on the wish list.. also each of the chairs has a 50 watt Aura Pro Bass shaker to give the feeling of intence bass.. those are powered by a independent 250 watt subwoofer amp. needless to say its not ultra high end but i havnt had any complaints in the sound department. in fact the only complaints i have had is no popcorn machine! (and i dont really care for popcorn myself so i dont really want to have a house smelling like popcorn 24/7, im game for a slurpee machine if you know anyone tho!! lol) :roll:
my fish drink better then i do!

OceanNwisconsin

Postby mfd78 on Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:19 am

mfd78

HooYaaa another Klipsch owner !!!

Postby Toddah on Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:51 am

I will have to stop over and check this system out. What Klipsch speakers did you use?
I just did a big switch for my living room system I have replaced my BOSE 5.1 system with a Onkyo 702 and a set of Klipsch Quintet II 5.1 and the Powered Klipsch 10 sub and a Westinghouse 27" LCD display. I am working through the intigration of my Windows Media Center 2005 PC. I have it all hooked up and functional except the video capture is giving me headaches. I am SOOOOO pleased with the sound system combination. I am waiting to find another set of Quintet II speakers to bring 7.1 to life, I can't beleve you cannot buy the speakers as a seperate component to upgrade.
I do not have the luxury of a home theater room so I have to balance what I can fit into my living room and also stay within the wife factor pain threshold for technophobes who have to operate the whole system.
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:00 am

i believe mine are quintet also.. good move on making the switch from bose :twisted: My wife is just figuring out how to use everything so i know what you mean. Ill wait till she has it all figured out and then switch everything to a harmony 880 universal remote. That way she will need me and wont mess anything up.. lol. Your more then welcome to check it out. Ill pm you my new number, not sure if you have it. Also im in the process of building a HTPC, it will back up movies onto hard drive/dvd-r be a satalite tuner/dvr, play theater intros, games, ect ect. and of coarse run on MCE. 7.1 would be nice to have,( and easily upgradable with the way my joist runs) but untill they have true 7.1 encoded dvds ill just stick to 5.1. Like i said your more then willing to come over but i warn you not a single male has went down there without coming up saying
"im doing this to my basement!" 8)

and mfd that would be so sweet to have, you must never want me to get the 210! :twisted:

OceanNwisconsin

Postby mfd78 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:42 am

Here ya go - buy this and then put the extra money you save toward the 210...

Sorry...I couldn't resist!
mfd78

Postby SilverSurfer on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:47 am

:D

I was trying to find one of them mini-doughnut machines but couldnt find for you :(
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:27 pm

lol snow cones rock!!! hmmm margarita snow cones are even better!! awesome!

lol marty, you mean like this one!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=95085

even more then the slurpie machine!

OceanNwisconsin

Postby causeofhim on Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:53 pm

Yeah but if you get that you can "Produce people pleasing profits in no time!" :smt078
causeofhim

New additions to my Klipsch setup

Postby Toddah on Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:11 pm

Hey Ocean,
I just got 2 more (new) Klpisch matching speakers to round out the 7.1 surround system. got them on Ebay for a song. hope to have them wired by this weekend. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:26 pm

oh yea.... well i have a ANOTHER 10 inch powered sub :P coming next weekend for a very sweet price... 7.1 (or should i say 7.2? ) for me will be in the future when they start encoding the DVDs with it otherwise its worthless.. no offence! also starting the stand for the the 210 this weekend.. gotta love overtime!

OceanNwisconsin

Sweet!!!

Postby Toddah on Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:42 pm

I can make so much base with 1 Klipsch 10 sub I can not fathom 2 of them working together!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I started hanging the insulation in the new garage today so I have the foundation in place to hang the new cabinets I scored from Snorulz.
I was told the Onkyo 7.1 will use the 4 rear speakers if you are playing 5.1 encoded DVDs just won't be a discrete channel until its encoded in 7.1.
I was not looking for the 7.1 additional speakers but at 50 bucks each I could not pass them up.
Toddah

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:36 pm

for sure!! i used to think the one ten was good enough to till i visited a friends house that had one of these..

http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-plus2.cfm

and i qoute "Size: 19" wide, 26.5" tall and 28" deep. Weight: 140 pounds

" the thing made my 10 feel like one of those little ipod earbuds... its awesome! and on my wish list... its actually the same guy im getting the other sub from.... :evil:

OceanNwisconsin

Previous

Return to Club Lounge