ComCast Limiting Internet usage in US

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

ComCast Limiting Internet usage in US

Postby SilverSurfer on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:49 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26444853/

Only matter of time until it trickles down to our much beloved Charter :roll: Geesh, i think this must be a gov't consipracy :^o
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Re: ComCast Limiting Internet usage in US

Postby Falcon57 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:36 pm

I would not be suprised to see it happen to other ISPs if Comcast succeeds. Canada has made moves to retrict internet usage of its own citizens. China is doing that now. There is a push to bring about the demise of the current internet and usher in what has been termed "Internet 2". This would be controlled by the government and would limit the amount of time and use of the internet. Governments hate it when the general populace have unlimited access to information that they can use against them. You can perform an internet search more on this subject.
Enjoying marine reef keeping without going broke.
http://www.infowars.com/
Falcon57

Re: ComCast Limiting Internet usage in US

Postby Slakker on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:18 pm

250gb/month is an absurd number...the only way I could possibly see exceeding it would be to "acquire" movies at full resolution (usually about 2.5gb per film). Even then 100 movies a month is just silly.

From a network administration standpoint, this doesn't sound like a government control conspiracy in the making.

The only place I can see some legitimate concern about this cap is if there are no special provisions in place for schools and universities. Some smaller schools split one line among most, if not all, of their computers, and residence halls are just a mess of network crowding.

As far as Internet 2.0...good luck killing the internet.
Slakker

Return to Club Lounge