Any ATV riders out there??

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Any ATV riders out there??

Postby snorulz on Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:39 pm

I was just wondering if there were any other ATV riders in the club? If so what do you ride and where? Does anyone know of good trails in the area?
snorulz

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:14 pm

yep i ride! 04 yamaha yfz450. ive only been out once this year up to blackriver falls. but i do have a couple spots down here.. i like to go out and play on the ice when it gets cold. what you got???
my fish drink better then i do!

OceanNwisconsin

Postby snorulz on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:41 am

Wow, a fellow rider, i was starting to doubt there were any in the club. My pride and joy is an 88 honda 250r but me fleet inlcudes 2 honda 3-wheelers. I also have only been riding once this year. A couple years ago i went to black river falls on memorial day weekend, that was verying interesting. Last year i went to the monroe trail, that was rather boring. This year i have only been riding in Missouri but i am still trying to get out again. I have always wanted to do some ice riding but that requires studs and i havn't put up the money for that yet.
snorulz

Postby SilverSurfer on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:57 am

I drive one but my dad owns it, he owns some land up in North Leeds(near arlington/poynette) we just take it on the trails in the woods up there from time to time, i heard they have state trails though, if u want i can contact guy who went on them last to see where they are..

Marty
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:44 pm

yea there are alot of state trails up north, 250r ya say..... hmmm that would be a good little race... hehehe

the first year i took my quad out on the lake i studded the tires, the second year i didnt and i had more fun with out studs, as long as there is some snow on the lake its all good. you would have to rejet though being 2 stroke. I also race mini motard and im thinking up putting studs on that this year and taking that out to play. whats the riding like in missouri?

silver surfer my name is also marty!!!

OceanNwisconsin

Postby snorulz on Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:22 pm

It would be a real good little race :D

I believe i would have to have studs. I took it out in some snow once and it sucked. It has too much power, all you do is spin the tires. I have it geared for a strong low end. The guy before me was setting it up for ice racing so he changed the front sproket to make it accelerate faster, you loose about 10 miles per hour top end but its worth it, i enjoy just having to punch the gas and being able to stand it up. :D That and i havn't had the nerve to see exactly how fast it goes so an extra 10 isn't needed.
Does yours have a 6 speed? I know the banshee does but not sure about the yfz. Also, have you modified it in any way?
Missouri is very hilly and rocky. We have some property down there with trails on them, that is all the riding i have done down there. From what i hear they do have quite a bit of trails.
One place i really want to go is the badlands in Indiana, i have heard many many great things about it, every different type of terrian available in one place.
snorulz

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:43 pm

mine has only 5 gears. mine is really torquey to. I can wheelie 5th gear with out using the clutch. the only thing done to mine is re jeted and the airbox lid is off. its snappy but not like a 250r, your quad is probably all or nothing and mine is more broader powerband. my brother had a 250r and we raced before i jetted and he beat me by only a quad length, he has since gotten rid of it so i dont know how i would do against one now that im jetted. Missouri sounds like my kinda riding i love hills!! Badlands is awesome been there twice! Once on my warrior and once right when i got the yfz. there is a little bit of everything there!! i have some pics but they are burned to a dvd and this comp doesnt have a dvd drive

OceanNwisconsin

Postby snorulz on Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:25 pm

You are right, it is all or nothing, its amazing how your timing on shifting makes a huge difference. There is kind of an art to riding it, but if you have the art down you better hang on. 4 strokes are much more forgiving being they have so much more low end torque, you probably have twice the low end torque. I am impressed you can wheelie in 5th without the clutch, i don't think mine will. My machine is slightly modified, was your brothers? I have a Paul Turner pipe, dg silencer, a 280 kit and a bigger carb. I have been tempted to try it without the airbox lid but it is set so lean already im afraid id burn it up. Man, all this talk of riding sure makes me want to ride!!!!!! I have got to get out to the badlands some time. To bad you don't have a dvd drive, i would love to see the pics. How does your machine compare to other four strokes, such as the 450r, raptor, predator, and the Suzuki 400 something?
snorulz

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm

there really isnt a comparison, the only one that competes with me in that list is the predator and that depends on what kind of turf we are on. My brothers 250r had some work done and i know for sure it had a Paul Turner pipe, he bought it from mark nielson, he is a 250r builder. i believe he ran his without the lid and then he had a K&N with a filter sock on it. but everytime he even touch a small puddle he will kill it and would have to wait 10 min for it to dry out. ill see what i can do about those pics.

OceanNwisconsin

Postby snorulz on Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:30 pm

Well you have definitely peaked my interest in the yfz450. It would be fun to go riding sometime. I am assuming you have a saltwater tank of some sort since you post on this site. What exactly do you have? I have a 55g FOWLR. I have one rock with a few zoos on it and that makes up all the coral I have. I have a spotted hawk, valentine puffer, 2 clowns, and a lawnmower blenny, and starfish along with snails and hermits.
snorulz

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:58 pm

im planning on doing a 210 fowlr right now but i have a 125 reef.

here is info on the 210 setup.
http://www.creativereefing.com/viewtopi ... hlight=onw

and info on the 125 current setup minus the lights cause i just traded my MH for PCs
http://www.creativereefing.com/viewtopi ... =4991#4991

OceanNwisconsin

Postby snorulz on Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:35 am

wow, i am impressed, very nice!!!!!!! Some day when i am out of college my plan is to do a big fowlr in a basement.
snorulz

Dual Sportz RULE!!!!!

Postby Toddah on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:37 am

650 XR Honda !!! 8) balance and agility is the key to freedom, leave the cattle trails and find adventure! :shock:
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Re: Dual Sportz RULE!!!!!

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:49 pm

Toddah wrote:650 XR Honda !!! 8) balance and agility is the key to freedom, leave the cattle trails and find adventure! :shock:

yes they do! but i would get into to much trouble on the streets if i had one if you know what i mean!

OceanNwisconsin

XR650

Postby Toddah on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:48 pm

Been there done that. 4X's are good for some places but they really rip up the turf (or is that the rider) and I cannot get my sense of balance back when I ride them. I am to used to applying body english to the 2 wheeler and 4x's only feel right when they are airborne and you can move them 3D.
Last summer I was out in Deadwood riding in the mountains with some locals and they convinced me to leave the 650 and ride this 400 quad with them I was never so scared in my life. I went back over the same 30 miles of trails the next day on my 650 and had a great time.
But hey to each his own :D
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Next

Return to Club Lounge