WATCHED IT BURN............PIC ADDED

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

WATCHED IT BURN............PIC ADDED

Postby teri on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:29 pm

SO! My car caught fire and burnt up last night after work :sad7: Was on the beltline in front of Princeton Club, bawling on the side of the road LOL not.............

Had just left work off Greenway Blvd and something smelled bad so I opened a window and then saw the smoke in my rearview. I thought maybe the bumper was rubbing the muffler so I got a towel out of the trunk and tried pushing down on the muffler and then I saw the flames in my back window! So I tried putting those out with the towel and when they wouldn't go out I opened the trunk and the whole speaker area was on fire.

So basically I just started walking away, bawling that my car was going to blow up (has an 18 gallon tank but was less than half). My boss drove by and saw me BEFORE the flames started going but couldn't pull over so she called another coworker who was going the same way and by the time THEY got there my car was COMPLETELY on fire............

It's a burnt out shell now, Schmidts is charging me $158.25 for the tow, don't have that...........told them that [-X

I figure it must have started with the wiring back there, the previous owners were potheads and must have done a sh!tty job? SO THAT WAS THE CAR I BOUGHT A MONTH AGO OFF CRAIGSLIST :oops:

Anyone have a little (or big) POS that'll run me 40 miles per day - CHEAP? Wish I had that little fire extinguisher that's behind my front door at home :(
Last edited by teri on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
12g SW set up since late June '11 but just picked up a 50 tall with 20 sump
& looking forward to getting it switched over after moving 2-1.
teri

Re: WATCHED IT BURN............

Postby ckumlien on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:03 am

Get a car yet?
ckumlien

Postby teri on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:15 pm

yeah, I actually did find an 88 Civic for $500 two weeks ago, so was only without a car for a week. I have a great landlord and he let me put off part of my rent and my bro borrowed me some cash until payday the next morning. "My" Acura LOL is still sitting at Schmidts accumulating storage fees - they said they'd drop those when I pay the $158 tow bill. I say "my" because there's nothing that traces me back to that car expect the police/fire report. Wasn't yet registered and the title was in it.

Civic has 100k less than the Acura, has a new starter/muffler/windshield. Although we did run into a "little" problem when I left the lights on & drained the battery. There's a cable that comes out from under the hood you have to pull on to pop the hood, but when we pulled on it, it broke. SO to jump the car we basically had to bend back the hood on the battery side, which broke the clip and now the hood is bolted onto the car! It just never ends I swear!!! :evil: BUT it runs great, I just have to figure out how to add oil/get it changed LOL See me having a hole cut in the hood over the oil cap & slappin' some duct tape over it :twisted:

Minor setback, which is always worse when it's happenning............no further behind or less ahead than I was before
teri

Postby Jake on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:15 pm

Money goes in to one hand and out the other...... :(
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
Jake

Postby Animart on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:16 am

Holy shit Jake! Sounds like some story to me. lol

Grifin
Animart

Postby teri on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:39 am

there's always a story, depends which day you catch me. Everybody's got their own "soap opera" most people just never hear about 'em. A friend that picked me up that night, has a pic of my car on the flatbed. I have to get that off her phone 'tho.

Just stopped in an Animart the other night. Don't know who Grifin is but gabbed a bit with someone there around 4 o'clock while my battery recharged..........oh yeah. I'm the one that used to bring in all the shelldweller babies to LA, completely set up my first tank with those babies :)

in one hand & out the other? definitely! That's MY circle of life..............better that an welfare/section 8 etc..........make do & make the best of what you have
teri

Postby teri on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:54 am

teri

Re: WATCHED IT BURN............PIC ADDED

Postby electraglide999 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:40 pm

at least the school bus was there to pick u up. "Just kidding" :lol:

What a bummer. :shock:
electraglide999

Postby teri on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:54 pm

That would NOT be the SHORT BUS [-X LOL thanks, it did suck, but once you move past the initial hysterical shock of "what am I going to do", it'll be all right and you figure something out. One of my favorite saying is "necessity is the mother of invention" and resourcefullness, I think, is one of my best traits :wink:
teri

Postby electraglide999 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:44 pm

Always look toward the bright side of things at least no one was hurt and your in still good health.
electraglide999

Return to Club Lounge