CRAZY snow this morning!

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

CRAZY snow this morning!

Postby teri on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:12 am

LOL Got up this morning at 4:50 and started shoveling at 5:15. Snow was up to my bumper but made it out of the driveway. Got out of our neighborhood driving in someone elses tracks - took an hour to get from Olbrich to Greenway on the west side! Had to stop on the beltline three times just to de-ice the wipers - was having to just follow taillights part of the time just because of visilibility.

ANYWAY, safe driving to anyone that HAD to go to work today!
12g SW set up since late June '11 but just picked up a 50 tall with 20 sump
& looking forward to getting it switched over after moving 2-1.
teri

Re: CRAZY snow this morning!

Postby SilverSurfer on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:17 am

I didnt, fiance didn't.

My front end of my car was caught up in a snow drift outside this morning, didnt have much choice but to go get a snow blower finally, i caved :oops:

Then woman volunteers me to do their driveway since her hubby is stranded up north #-o

Get snow blower while you can! i grabbed last one at of good ones at BD today
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby Falcon57 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:42 am

Couldn't even get out of my garage because of all the snow piled up against it. Good thing I didn't have to go to work yesterday.
Enjoying marine reef keeping without going broke.
http://www.infowars.com/
Falcon57

Postby CollegeReefer on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:46 pm

It was insane in Sheboygan as well and the wind made it worst. I had to snow blow with a little snow pup through 3-4 foot drifts. On top of that I had to drive back to point. I couldn't take I-43 because northbound was closed after a bad accident. It was a long drive. Took about 4 hours where it normally takes 2.5 hours. My family made me take my Lumina instead of my Geo metro I have been driving. They didn't think me getting almost double the mpg was a valid reason to drive in the weather with 12 inch tires. I told them they would be surprised how well the little Geo does in the snow.
“I have to tell you the brutish children of Wisconsin are a cut above the rest in their rebellion and disobedience and filthy behavior,” Phelps-Roper said.
CollegeReefer

Return to Club Lounge