bad things come in three's

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

bad things come in three's

Postby mytulip9 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:26 am

The first was my Koralia breaking, the second was my leather dying, and the third is actually a funny story but non-fish related... I woke up this morning to find my cat Paris perched on top of my laptop. She often sits on it (when it's closed) and waits for me to wake up in the morning. Well, this particular morning she's kinda scrunched up and leaning over me... IN THE MIDDLE OF A DRY HEAVING SPELL!!! Just having been woken up from a dead sleep I had about 8 seconds to react so I grab my blanket and yank it up over myself and as much of the laptop as I can manage. Next thing you know... it's like a scene out of The Exorcist! Nasty! And it wasn't clear like most cat puke, it was like this thick yellow mucus like the kind you get when you have a sinus infection... only a lot more of it. And of course it wasn't complete without a big, wet, wad of hair. Oh, god. I just shudder to think what would have happened had I not woken up at that exact moment. What a horrible morning. Normally when the cats wake me up I just roll over and fall back to sleep but obviously today I didn't want to snuggle back in to my blankets, so I got to get up and do a load of laundry. Yay.
As if that wasn't bad enough... I get to work and find out that they're cutting our bonuses and delaying our raises until May! Gah! What next?!? Well, atleast I still have a job. A guy I just started dating got fired today. Apparantly people should just stay away from me, I'm bad luck!
And now I'm all stressed out and I can't sleep and here I am posting on the MARS forum at 4AM! Can someone just lend me a powerhead?!? LOL!!!

Here's some cute kitten pics of the one who vomited all over me!
What are you lookin at?!?
Yummy!
Is that MY shadow?!?
Peek-a-boo! (And yes, she has since harassed that plant to death. But how can you stay mad at such a little cutie?!?)
mytulip9

Re: bad things come in three's

Postby mytulip9 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:21 am

Ugh, less than 5 hours of sleep and back to work!

I forgot to add that someone also stole my cat condo. It's at least an $80 piece of furniture but someone gave it to me used. So I put it in the laundry room to clean it before giving it to my cats (otherwise they'd pee all over it for sure) and then I went and got some carpet cleaner and went back and the thing was gone!
mytulip9

Postby meisen on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:04 pm

I can't help you with cat vomit, its outside my expertise by a long shot. Gross!

I do have tons of extra powerheads I can share....seios, aquaclear, maxijets etc. lmk if you havent found one yet and I'll bring you one at the swap.
meisen

Postby captbill on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:57 pm

want another puker lol! 8)
captbill

Return to Club Lounge