Anyone know a good furniture maker?

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Anyone know a good furniture maker?

Postby meisen on Sun May 03, 2009 12:06 pm

We are looking to have someone build us a custom tv cabinet/armoire type thing as we can't seem to find anything like what we want retail. Everything we look at costs $2000-3000 plus and aren't well-built or even all real or solid wood :shock: . We can't justify spending that much on something that we can't hand down to our future grandkids basically. No more throwaway furniture for us!!! And nothing used/old fits the bill b/c its an LCD TV that we are looking to house (ie much longer, narrower and lower than traditional armoirs)

So does anyone know a good cabinet/furniture maker who is local, reasonable and can do something perhaps a little custom? We aren't afraid to spend a reasonable amount on it since it will be sort of a centerpiece for our LR. We just want the quality to be much higher than the retail crap (pottery barn, steinhafels etc) we have seen.
meisen

Re: Anyone know a good furniture maker?

Postby Larson G on Sun May 03, 2009 9:51 pm

I know a guy who makes custom furniture who does it for living and has done it over 40 years . He is not local . But has done some of the best work I have ever seen . He lives in Darlington ,Wi so I think would still be cheaper then if you had it done in Madison.(smaller town) P.M. if you would like the comtact info. Thanks George
Larson G

Postby Rueg on Mon May 04, 2009 6:27 am

Have you checked out Don's Home Furniture:

http://donshomefurniture.com/index.php

It is the only place my wife and I can find stuff we like and it is excellant quality. Expensive, but you get what you pay for.
Rueg

Postby meisen on Mon May 04, 2009 8:39 am

Rueg wrote:Have you checked out Don's Home Furniture:

http://donshomefurniture.com/index.php

It is the only place my wife and I can find stuff we like and it is excellant quality. Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

We'll definitely check them out, thanks.
meisen

Postby meisen on Mon May 04, 2009 8:40 am

Larson G wrote:I know a guy who makes custom furniture who does it for living and has done it over 40 years . He is not local . But has done some of the best work I have ever seen . He lives in Darlington ,Wi so I think would still be cheaper then if you had it done in Madison.(smaller town) P.M. if you would like the comtact info. Thanks George

Sending Pm, thanks
meisen

Postby Landon on Thu May 21, 2009 4:27 am

Got a real good guy in Fort if your still looking.
The Arctic Night-lights. "As if the natural world's been turned upside down." - Lord Mandrake
Landon

Postby Jake on Mon May 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Corey Kraemer 608-852-6217. He makes the most amazing furniture I've ever seen. Very reasonable also. He lives in Madison.
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
Jake

Return to Club Lounge