Taste of Madison

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Taste of Madison

Postby limpit on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:40 am

Was thinking about doing a road trip and checking out Taste of Madison tomorrow.
Do you think that is a bad idea as far as parking and crowds with a Badger game going on the same day?
Never been to either before so I have no idea what to expect.
Any insight would be appreciated.
limpit

Re: Taste of Madison

Postby Larson G on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:02 pm

You will have a blast at both of them as long as you dont have to drive back. LOL
Larson G

Re: Taste of Madison

Postby meisen on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:03 pm

Well, my experience is that its a bit pricey for the quantities involved. IMO, you wind up spending the same or more than you would at a high-end sit-down place and you are eating in the street off of paper plates for the most part. If you want to eat some great food in a more relaxed setting, just come to town for a weeknight dinner (or a late dinner on a weekend....most places are slow by 7:30 pm). I am sure there are some deals and definitely some great food, it was just our experience that we spend $70 or so. The three of us weren't completely full afterwards and also wound up eating food that wasnt all that much better than typical food cart fare.

Its really best if you really do want a sampling of a bunch of places in town for future dining out endeavors and are willing to burn some cash for the privledge.
meisen

Return to Club Lounge