Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Postby REEFER410 on Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:10 pm

Hi everyone. My name is Cory and I live in Fond du Lac Wisconsin. I wanted to formally introduce myself to everyone. I just bought causeofhim's 29 gallon bowfront and am eager to get started. I will be looking for live rock, and chaeto to get my tank started. If anyone has any for sale please let me know. I will pick up. I am a newbee to this exciting hobby and have done my research so hopefully I don't ask any stupid questions. I look forward to meeting everyone.
REEFER410

Postby mfd78 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:13 am

You actually BOUGHT that hunk of crap from him??? Hope you have good homeowners insurance! :D Just kidding! Post some pictures when you you get it set up.

Welcome! I've got some cheato but I'm not going to sell it to you - you can HAVE it. It's not difficult to raise!! If/when you need some startup corals, please ask. I've got some easy stuff to get you started with that will work fine under PC lights.

Also, there is no such thing as a stupid question so ask away - that's how you learn. There's no point in reinventing the wheel. There are lots of people in this club that know quite a bit about the hobby and I've learned tons here. Come to a meeting if you can so we can meet you in person.

Steve
mfd78

Postby BraenDead on Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:18 pm

Welcome to the group! I think Steve pretty much summed it up with with his message :) Feel free to ask questions, use the search (it works 100% of the time unlike some others!), and I look forward to meeting you at a meeting some day!

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby moujon on Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:00 pm

Hi Cory- if you need a live sand boost, let me know. I'm sorta close to you - near Hustisford. And I also have some beginner soft corals that I can frag that were given to me when I started (leathers, gsp, etc).

Ask the questions and be prepared for tons of answers! We've all been there....
Shel
moujon

Postby Bubbareefer on Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:22 am

Welcome to the club if you need any help just ask. The best advice i can give you is take it slow. I will see you at my march 5 meeting.
Bubbareefer

Postby REEFER410 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:28 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. Where is Hustisford? I look forward to meeting all of you at the March meeting.
REEFER410

Postby Amphibious on Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:00 pm

REEFER410

Imageto MARS!

You will enjoy this group of reefers and find lots of help.
Amphibious
"Good Luck" comes to forward thinking individuals who plan to succeed!

Visit my website - The Cultured Reef
Amphibious

Return to Club Lounge