What else do you dump money into besides your tank?

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

What else do you dump money into besides your tank?

Postby snorulz on Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:35 pm

This is my latest project.
It is a 1972 Honda ct70h. The h model (meaning it is a 4 speed manual clutch transmission) were only made in 69-73 while the 3 speed automatic's were made into the 90's and maybe even still? I know it isn't much to look at but i have the front fender, tail light, head light, and a new seat cover and it will look a lot better after i get that all on. I have been focusing my time on the mechanical side of it. I completely disassembled the engine and even split the case so i could replace first gear and some other misc. parts. I then put in a big bore kit (85cc), a high output oil pump, a performance head, a 20mm carb and 22mm intake, and the performance exhaust shown. Sadly due to a throttle cable problem i can't ride it any yet and i would really like to know what the exhaust and carb size increase added to its performance. It is much louder though. :D I have spent at least twice as much as it is worth and sadly there are still some more things to buy. Next winter i plan to paint it. Due to some loop holes in the laws i think i can get it licensed as a moped. It should be a very good time as i expect it will go at least 50mph and they are just fun to ride. Well this has been my latest exporter of money. What all do the rest of you spend your extra cash on besides tanks?
"some people are like slinky's, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."
snorulz

Postby tzenda on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:07 pm

i always spend my money on vehicles and computers. Right now im workin on gettin a 89 IROC up and runnin good, and im workin on buildin a Linux server for my house, this is interestin cause before this fall i knew nota thing about linux.
Your body is not a temple, its an amusment park. Enjoy your time there.
tzenda

Postby snorulz on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:34 pm

That car will be a lot of fun when it is done. My car project for the last two years has been a 69 mustang but it is in storage now so i needing something else to work on.
this is interestin cause before this fall i knew nota thing about linux

I think learning about the project is what makes it fun. That and i am a hands on person so anything hands on i find fun.
"some people are like slinky's, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."
snorulz

Postby perpetual98 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:40 pm

I recently spent $2300 on a Canon 20D digital camera and several lenses. Before I got into reefing, i was into my car quite a bit. I just keep finding expensive hobbies. Why can't I knit or something like that? Much cheaper. :)
perpetual98

Postby snorulz on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:49 pm

wow, that must be a really really nice camera. What do you like to take pictures of?
snorulz

Postby perpetual98 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:59 pm

Mainly my tank, and my daughter, and my dumb dog. You can see some of the pictures on my gallery site at http://www.ericfeige.com if you want. Some of the pics were done with my older Canon, some are with the newer one.

Eric
perpetual98

Postby snorulz on Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:26 pm

great pics
snorulz

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:10 pm

lets see where do i start....

home theaters,
ATV,
mini motorcycle racing (ill post pics of my lil nieghborhood wrecker)
snowboarding
and computers...
my fish drink better then i do!

OceanNwisconsin

Postby stevenliu on Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:14 pm

Camera lenses and equipments...
stevenliu

Postby snorulz on Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:46 pm

What do you take pic's of?
snorulz

Postby therazorsedge on Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:44 pm

Home improvement, home improvement and more home improvements :?
therazorsedge

Postby BigHappyBuddha on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:03 am

Most of my extra money aside from reefing goes back into my business, new product lines, employee treats etc...

I've got a bmw 740il that I bought when living the lifestyle was important too me, and she's still not a cheap date

Other than that, I try to spread the love around financially with my family.
"What you think upon grows."

Ryan
Check out our website - http://www.bighappybuddha.com/
BigHappyBuddha

Postby missfish on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:32 am

I have horses not show horses just pleasure horses, & beef cattle to raise custom beef, I do alot of gardening, & the RV keeps me broke seasonally and oh yeah living in Dane county paying taxes on the little 6 acrea farmette, that really keeps me broke. So work work work and someday...............ah never mind that will never happen, I have my aquarium now.
Missy
missfish

Postby spbreeder on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:55 pm

Do I need to say more?
Denise
spbreeder

Postby perpetual98 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:58 pm

A good investment!

Ha, we've got the same tub-surround in our bathroom as you do, and what looks like an almost identical blue cup too that we use when we give the dog a bath. :)

Eric
perpetual98

Next

Return to Club Lounge