Saltwaterfish.com

Post your experiences with local and online vendors.

Moderator: BraenDead

Saltwaterfish.com

Postby Rslinger on Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:17 pm

Hi i am new to this board and think that you guys reporting on venders i awsome. Most sites that i found don't allow it. The only site i have ordered from is SWF.com (saltwaterfish.com) and i have nothing but good experiance with them. Fast shipping, free shipping on live goods. The only thing that kinda sucks is the 79.99 minium order.
Rslinger

Re: Saltwaterfish.com

Postby CollegeReefer on Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:57 am

I bought from Saltwaterfish.com for the first time this week. I ordered a small group of blue-green reef chromis, a green mandarin, and a cuc for my other tank. The package was packed very well and there was still heat coming from the heat packs ( I was happy to see this). I did there 2+ hour acclimation method, which I think is a great way to acclimate any fish and inverts. I then added them to my tank (yes I know, I am taking a risk by not adding them to a qt first). I fed my tank 2 hours later and all of the chromis ate and I saw the mandarin hovering around eating copepods. I of course was very happy to see this.

All of the inverts acclimated well, however the 5 peppermint shrimp I added to my main display I haven’t seen all week, but that isn’t saying much because they disappeared into the rock work as soon as I added them. The skunk cleaner that I got was added to my frag tank. I didn’t plan on buying him but for 5 bucks how could I pass it up. I was a little surprised to see that the nassarius snails were shipped with no water. However I just floated the bag for a half hour like they suggest and added them to the tank. They are all doing well.

The fish have been in the my display now for 3 days and they look great. Thanks to who ever suggested to me that I get chromis for the tank. They bring so much movement to the tank and seem to get everyone else out moving(even the grandpa of the tank, my royal gramma). The green mandarin is so beautiful. The tank was set up for almost a year with only corals and a small cuc so I should have a good pod population in the display but maybe I will add some here and there to make sure. Maybe the mandrine will eat some of the flat worms….

I was very happy with saltwaterfish.com especially with there shipping only costing 20 dollars. (I don’t care how they word it, it isn’t free) The prices are also very good and in many cases are cheaper then liveaquaria.com. Between shipping and the difference in the cost of inverts I saved close to 40 dollars. When I stock my aggressive tank I will order from them again.
“I have to tell you the brutish children of Wisconsin are a cut above the rest in their rebellion and disobedience and filthy behavior,” Phelps-Roper said.
CollegeReefer

Return to Vendor Experiences