Aquatics Unlimited

Post your experiences with local and online vendors.

Moderator: BraenDead

Aquatics Unlimited

Postby meisen on Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:59 pm

FYI,

Checked these guys out yesterday. Very cool selection of FW fish, that must be their bread and butter. Some crazy stuff that I have never seen before including some really rare apisto species, tons of Africans, killis, temperate stuff etc. If you are in Milwaukee and are into freshwater, definitely go. The tanks were in decent shape and the fish looked good for the most part. Their saltwater section is small but they did have some cool things. Nice desjardini tang, mystery wrasse, couple large acros, black tang (deal at 440.00) and some fairy wrasses.

A little too $$$ for my budget though on most stuff. They also have a huge selection of salt and freshwater books. Pretty much every good book I could mention they had in stock. I picked up the Tanaka/Delbius/Kuiter Angelfish book at Amazon price so no complaints there. Sweet book too if you are into angels. Every known species is shown and/or described as well as info on hybrids, morphs and collecting.

Anyway, just thought I would let folks know in case they were curious.
meisen

Postby meisen on Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:59 pm

oops, sorry guys. My bad. Two windows open and posted this in the wrong spot.

Please move. TY.
meisen

Postby BraenDead on Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:17 am

For those that don't know where this is, from I94 take Hwy 100 south for about 4 miles or so..

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Rslinger on Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:49 pm

I was there yesterday and i was not very impressed. Real lacking on SW, prices were not that bad though. cheaper than a lot of madison. But the workers were real pushy trying to get me to buy things i didn't want or need. I walked out with out purchase because this really got to me. They would sell you anything no questions asked no care if it lived.
Rslinger

Postby Mike Brolin on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:03 am

yesterday i got a hybrid lemon peel angel for 80 because i had a 10% of cuopon otherwise i was not to impressed with SW live stock. mike
Mike Brolin

Return to Vendor Experiences