Badger Lock and Security

Post your experiences with local and online vendors.

Moderator: BraenDead

Badger Lock and Security

Postby CUNAReefer on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:16 pm

All right, I know this is a reef only site, but I was REALLY impressed with Badger Lock and Security. He complemented me on the fish tank and played fetch with my dog. Its so hard to find good customer service now days (charter).

I wish I could kick more roommates out just to give you more business :D

James
CUNAReefer

Postby SilverSurfer on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:20 pm

:lol:

Man u ain't kiddin about Charter! Couple other companies are so close and working hard to get into madison area to offer cable but charter is helping stallin them from coming in via courts.

Talk about a monopoly!
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby Longinus on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:02 pm

SilverSurfer wrote:Man u ain't kiddin about Charter!

Charter has some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced....not to try to turn this into a charter bashing party....
Longinus

Postby CUNAReefer on Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:06 pm

Oh PLEASE DO TURN THIS INTO A CHARTER BASHING PARTY....

My experience with charter...

Gave me an internet wireless install kit...

6 out of 8 components missing

Cable guy never showed up at his appointment to fix it

Still charged me for internet, when I never had it.

I HATE CHARTER!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ok.... I am calm now. Seriously, dont go with Charter. You have been warned

James
CUNAReefer

Postby Falcon57 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:27 am

CUNAReefer wrote:Oh PLEASE DO TURN THIS INTO A CHARTER BASHING PARTY....

My experience with charter...

Gave me an internet wireless install kit...

6 out of 8 components missing

Cable guy never showed up at his appointment to fix it

Still charged me for internet, when I never had it.

I HATE CHARTER!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ok.... I am calm now. Seriously, dont go with Charter. You have been warned

James

Your wish did not come true. This thread did turn into a "I HATE CHARTER" thread. But I have to agree, they suck rocks (even the live ones).
Enjoying marine reef keeping without going broke.
http://www.infowars.com/
Falcon57

Postby middleton5 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:43 am

I hate Charter...... :evil:
middleton5

Postby Darb on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:50 am

Charter couldn't get my bill right, then I realized they were charging me for crap I wouldn't ever order and had been for 2 years. I got so mad that I told them to come and get thier equipment out of my house. Left the family without cable or internet for a bit, an unpopular decision. But wow they had me steaming.

The only redeeming part of the event was that when the installer guy came out to unhook us he was just as hateful about Charter as I was. He shared stories about other angry customers and let me keep the universal remote. I will never give them another dime.
Darb

Postby SilverSurfer on Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:02 am

I do like the Ondemand feature with charter, the whole library of free movie rentals. Buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Mine hasnt worked since day 1 that feature just get error codes :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

So overall...Badger Lock and Security is a....

Postby Madison Jeff on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:28 pm

...consensus winner?!

Just kidding....I also hate Charter Communications!!!
Madison Jeff
Madison Jeff

Postby meisen on Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:35 am

Yeah we are pulling the plug on them again in a few weeks. 80.00/month just to watch TV? Are you freaking serious? What a waste IMO (this coming from a poor guy who regularly spends 100.00 on one coral or fish!)! Anyway, we get it because we like to watch the Tour on Vs. I know its weird but its the only sporting event either of us is really rabid about and certainly the only one we can watch together.

Netflix is like 12/month and we can nearly watch a movie every other night which is more entertainment than we will ever have time for.

I am in the same situation as you SilverSurfer, the sweet ondemand feature has never worked on my system either. I think the default is that it is not working, you have to call and complain to get it to work. In fact, I am going to call again right now while I am thinking of it.
meisen

Postby CUNAReefer on Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:02 am

I forgot to post my update with Charter...

So after three months of not getting my bill right, and me repeatedly asking them to send me a correct bill so I could pay it, they finally got it right.

I called up and told them to cancel the account due to harassment, and this is what they did...

dropped my monthly bill to $57 from $80
Every cable channel for free for 6 months
All previously ordered pay per view videos for free.

I decided to stay with Charter until they screw up again.
CUNAReefer

Postby tim on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:48 am

I have Charter, hate the customer service but love some of there services. Suchas the on demand and there high speed internet. The on demand and DVR are awesome.
tim

Postby BraenDead on Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:11 pm

DAMN Charter! Just raised our rates by $40/month, and my internet and digital cable have been out since Wednesday! Someone is coming out Monday to look at it, they better be able to fix it!

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby Cow086 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:16 pm

my ondemand never works either. You just want to pull up a show that you missed or a crappy movie cuase theres nothing to watch at 5:30pm (besides news and stump the swab repeats) and i end up watching the same 5 Stump the swab episodes every day when i get home form work. Im so good i get every question right now I mean seriously show some new ones once and a while. Or get some better programing at 5:30pm.
Cow086

Postby Aimforever on Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:53 am

There needs to be more threads dedicated to bashing Charter, because they are the worst thing since Aiptasia.

We were trying to get our cable hooked up and Charter said they would send a technician last wednesday. We were all sitting around on the second floor balcony waiting for them to show up. Well about 9:30 am the charter truck pulls up, the guy jumps out and comes up to our door. We go downstairs to let him in, but when we opened the door we saw him walking back to his truck. He got in and left. He couldn't have been at our door more than a few seconds, since we headed down before he was even walking to the door.

Confused, I we looked at the door and noticed a little note he left. It said something to the effect of "Sorry we missed you. Someone needs to be home to let the technician in. Please call to reschedule"

We were so upset! I'm guessing he was really busy that day or something, but for whatever reason he didn't feel like hooking our cable up. He didn't knock or ring, he just ran up to the door, stuck on the note and left.

That SOB. Charter is HORRIBLE. I have too many other negative experiences to list...
Aimforever

Next

Return to Vendor Experiences