Premium Aquatics

Post your experiences with local and online vendors.

Moderator: BraenDead

Premium Aquatics

Postby CUNAReefer on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:13 am

I know some of the content on the site has been pretty negative lately so I'll give you a warning that my experience with Premium Aquatics was not positive... It wasn't the worst I ever had, but I will not be doing business with them again.

First thing Monday morning (11/13) I ordered a Tunze Wavebox. :D After a couple hours go by and I didn't receive a order confirmation, I decided to check the site again. It seems that they drop ship a lot of items. (Drop shipping is calling a supplier and having it shipped directly from the supplier site). When I reallized they were probably drop shipping my order I called them to cancel (I ALWAYS have problems with drop ships). Michelle, assured me that there would be no problems. I strongly expressed my opinions on drop shipping and that I would just like to order the product from Marine Depot. Michelle stated that she would call the supplier in the next couple of minutes.......

3 days later... :x I finally get confirmation of my order and a tracking number right before I leave for work. Since P.A. is located in Indiana, I was hoping to get my new toy by the weekend. I guess it wasn't meant to be. What really annoyed was that it was going to be shipped from Texas 3 days after I initially placed the order.

6 days later (Wednesday)... It finally arrives! :D . Well I wasn't able to pick up the package due to the holiday and my parents coming into town. With T-Day I had to wait until the next week to pick it up.

5 days later (yesterday).... I finally get it home. What a beautiful site. BUT WAIT :!: Its missing the controller I need to use the device :?: #-o $%^#&@(@)#$!!!! They sent me the extension box and not the actual wave box :x :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

I left a couple of colorful messages. This was the first time I ordered from Premium Aquatics and it will be my LAST! I am sending the package back to Texas and Re-Ordering the Wavebox from Marine Depot. I know it is going to take more time to get my new toy, but I do not want PA to get any of my money!!!

Happy Holidays,
James
Last edited by CUNAReefer on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont hate the player, hate the game...
CUNAReefer

Re: Two thumbs down on Premium Aquatics

Postby CUNAReefer on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:21 pm

This is the response I received from PA. As dissapointed as I am with the situation, Jason did the right thing by sending a rather calming response to my angry emails and phone calls.

I'm very sorry about the problem with your order. We rarely dropship items as we have a 10,000 sq feet facility and normally rarely have this type of problem. We had sold out of Waveboxes and verified Tunze had one and felt it was the best way to get you a timely product. Unfortunately that didn't happen. I understand you are upset and prefer to order elsewhere. Hopefully one day you'll give us a 2nd chance. If so, just email me personally at xxxx.

Sometimes it helps to remain calm :oops:

James
CUNAReefer

Re: Premium Aquatics

Postby Rueg on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:40 pm

I have ordered a lot of stuff from Premium Aquatics. They are one of my favorite places to get aquarium hardware from.
Rueg

Postby klasikb on Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:15 pm

Rueg wrote:I have ordered a lot of stuff from Premium Aquatics. They are one of my favorite places to get aquarium hardware from.

We've had the same experience with Premium. The shipping gods were just against you this time :(
That was a nice response back. Good luck with your new toy.
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

Postby CUNAReefer on Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:32 am

Jason sent the needed controller by two day air mail. Cant wait to hook this puppy up tonight. I think he did a great job of dealing with a rather irrate customer. :D

Great job P.A.!
CUNAReefer

Postby meisen on Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:16 pm

Yep, was surprised at your initial posting as was all ready to come to PAs defense. Jason specificially is great over there and he will bend over backwards to make things right when they screw up (in this case it looks like Rodger @ Tunze USA screwed up though). I dont like Rodger in theory anyway b/c he dated my ex for a while but he isnt a bad guy either.

Anyway, glad it worked out for you CUNA. The difference between a good place and a mediocre one is just what you experienced: Mistake fixed reasonably quickly, calm and apologetic tone etc. I have had a couple similar things with them over the years and every time they made it right or even went above and beyond as an apology.

Its a hard business to be in, especially with all the online competition but Premium consistantly has the best service and the lowest prices around.
meisen

Postby Gawain on Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:32 pm

I just had to add my two cents to this thread as well. I've had nothing but great experiences ordering from PA. I just ordered two Vortech Wireless Wave Drivers to upgrade the drivers that came with my pumps over the weekend. Even though Monday was a Holiday, I still received the order on Wednesday. I've always been impressed with how fast their shipping has been.

One one occasion I did order an item from them that happened to be on backorder (I believe it was a Vortech), and they immediately notified me and gave me several options.

I try to order from them whenever I can.
Les
Gawain

Return to Vendor Experiences