Freakin Pet World!!!!!

Post your experiences with local and online vendors.

Moderator: BraenDead

Freakin Pet World!!!!!

Postby SilverSurfer on Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:33 pm

I was completely pleased with my purchase of the custom 210g AGA from them. From others who told me it couldn't be done with AGA, they made it work.

They even called me to give update that was delayed due to holiday, no biggie. Then they called me after it was built, the day after! And then when it arrived :) Kept me well informed the whole time, great customer service, my hat goes off to Todd there =D> =D>
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Re: Freakin Pet World!!!!!

Postby BraenDead on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:17 am

What sort of customizations did you have done to the tank, and at what cost? I have thought about having AGA do custom work but have been fearful of the potential costs.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby mfd78 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:06 am

Bob, you can check http://www.glasscages.com also - they had an ad in the same magazine that I saw the water chemistry ad in. Anyway, they deliver "straight from the truck" and make "frequent" deliveries to about 40 cities...Madison being one of them. I don't know anything about them - never heard of them before, but might be worth checking out.

I bought my tank from Pet World and thought it was a pretty good deal too...
mfd78

Postby BraenDead on Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:10 am

Glass cages is where I currently plan on getting my next tank, actually. Never dealt with them but I've seen a few tanks built by them. From what I've heard, its better to see in person first to make sure the quality is good.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby SilverSurfer on Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:37 pm

I had them install the overflows on the center of each side wall, i don't recall the initial price of them unaltered, but this tank ran me $850 after taxes.
ImageReality is for people who can't handle Science-FictionImage
SilverSurfer

Postby bobbet43 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:31 pm

thats not a bad price for custom on a big tank like that :D
bobbet43

Postby CUNAReefer on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:34 pm

Wow thats great! I may have to pay a visit to Pet World for my next tanks. I have read some horror stories about glass cages and some good ones. It would be awesome if I could get custom made tanks locally.
Dont hate the player, hate the game...
CUNAReefer

Postby meisen on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:06 pm

Pet World has great prices on tanks no doubt. If I do wind up going bigger I will probably be getting my tank from them. Either a 180 or the same as you got Marty but just plain old stock RR not custom. Glass Cages intrigues me but if you spec out a 170 with overlows and starfire, it comes out more than the AGA version (but does have starfire). Tjhey also demand that you buy and use their stand or they dont guarantee their work :cry:
meisen

Postby apcsu on Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:09 pm

newbie here, what does a 210 gl look like and what is AGA? Ok, I better take a drive over to pet world tomarrow and check the tanks out, just for fun.
apcsu

Postby meisen on Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:23 pm

tank is approx. 72" X 25" X 30"

Last time I was there there werent any RR models in stock but they have a warehouse and can get one pretty easily.
meisen

Return to Vendor Experiences