reefscavengers.com package arrived 24 days later DOA 90%

Post your experiences with local and online vendors.

Moderator: BraenDead

reefscavengers.com package arrived 24 days later DOA 90%

Postby mcmarkrazz on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:44 pm

ya the package arrived today..always so sweet to get a box full of dead critters after spending over $200and of-cource $30 worth of critters wernt even in the order that were paid for .. i know i will never get the live guarentee form this rip-off company as they lied about shipping and other things already so save your money there are a lot of good venders this just isnt 1 of them :(
mcmarkrazz

Re: reefscavengers.com package arrived 24 days later DOA 90%

Postby Socratic Monologue on Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:07 pm

That's a drag. Thanks for posting the warning here!

This thread

http://www.3reef.com/forums/reef-scaven ... 53130.html

suggests that posting your displeasure on a national forum (check to see if they currently sponsor any, maybe) may get you some attention from the company. Unfortunately, such negative experiences seem like what might be expected from them.
Socratic Monologue

Postby mcmarkrazz on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:55 am

contacted paypal and now offcourse reefscavengers.com emails me back lol saying we have a paypal despute yet they ignored my emails..cross my fingers hoping i get refunded properly by paypal..n
mcmarkrazz

Postby Socratic Monologue on Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Y'know, if you used a credit card to pay paypal, you could always end the nonsense and just file a claim with the credit card company. At least they would be less likely to ignore you :evil:
Socratic Monologue

Postby mcmarkrazz on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:33 pm

reef scavengers contacted asap AFTER paypal dispute was in motion..i recieved money refund minus $25 which was for the few living critters so they did make good but still very disapointed with them over all... so they didnt scam me and thats the main thing they just need to be better to stay in the market with all the other great venders
mcmarkrazz

Postby meisen on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:32 am

Sealifeinc.net is great as is Reeftopia. Always had quick resolution to any (modest) issues with no guff :) Ken at Sealife is a friend and a stand up guy. Both places don't mess around with crappy shipping practices or poor quality animals IME.
meisen

Postby jelly on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:07 am

so i placed an order in feb for some stuff from reefscavengers.com. my total was 130$ and i had to wait 3 weeks to get my order. it took me a few emails for them to reply. when i got my order everything was DOA and the free items i should have gotten where not in with my order. needless to say im very pissed off. when i contacted them about my DOA they give me a pomotional code so i ordered again. now its been 12 days and still not order and not shipping information. i have left a few emails with them and no answer but then say there is a a 4-9 precessing period. well that has got and went and still not oder. im pissed cause they dont reply or follow there wont set rules. i have contacted paypal and i hope they can help but we will see. i even contacted USAA about this in hopes i got get my money back. overall this company is crap and i hope no one ever uses them again and i cant wait from them to go belly up. no one should have to deal with this stuff and get treaded as we do when we put so much money into this hobby.,
Wounded Warrior Project Alumni.
larger skimmers and calcium reators of all sizes
http://www.aquariumeng.com/index.html#
jelly

Postby jelly on Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:01 pm

well after 3 weeks of waiting for my order and 3 weeks waitin on paypal to get my money back i finaly got it back. i can now buy what i want and not getting screwed
Wounded Warrior Project Alumni.
larger skimmers and calcium reators of all sizes
http://www.aquariumeng.com/index.html#
jelly

Postby Guykitchell1 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:21 am

FYI - I sell deodorant online (www.klimadeodorant.com) and as far as paypal goes, they almost always side with the buyer. They have a great protection policy for buyers. So, my opinion is that you will be protected 99% of the time buying this way.
Guykitchell1

Return to Vendor Experiences