trading in livestock..

Forum for Living Art Aquarium

Moderator: BraenDead

trading in livestock..

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:21 pm

<start rant>

Well this weekend was my first encounter with trading in livestock at living arts.

at first i called to make sure they would take in the snowflake eel that i wanted to trade. they said they would and would give me 50% of retail, which i thought was fair.

well i get up there to trade in the eel and they tell me they will give me $25 bucks. im like i thought you give 50% of retail. they say "we do!" so then im like well you charged me $90 for the eel when i bought it 7 months ago. and now it is even bigger! Then i was like you wont ever see a snowflake this big anyways, and they proceeded to tell me that they get ones bigger then mine in all the time.(yea ok ive been to about 50 pets store and never even seen one half as big) well i also had a brittle star and two snails in the bucket with the eel that i was planing on just giving to them for free but they gave me store credit for them anyways and so that brought the total store credit to $48 so it all worked out in the end, but i didnt appreciate them trying to take advantage of me.
just thought i would share my expierence. and i still think it is the best store in madison.

<end rant>
my fish drink better then i do!

OceanNwisconsin

Postby Slakker on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:04 pm

Well at least it worked out for you after all...did the Snowflake get too big for your tank?
Slakker

Postby OceanNwisconsin on Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:40 pm

no im switching to freshwater to curb down some of the bills.
my fish drink better then i do!

OceanNwisconsin

Return to Living Art Aquarium