How to post pictures in the forum

Information about the website, forums, etcetera

Moderator: BraenDead

How to post pictures in the forum

Postby BraenDead on Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:26 pm

There has been some questions regarding how to post pictures in the forums. I will go over a few simple steps on how to get pictures in the forum through a few simple steps:

1. First off, the picture needs to be available on the web somewhere, eg. on your own website or in the website gallery.

2. Get the address to your picture you want to post. To do this, find the picture (make sure you find it in its FULL size, not a thumbnail) and right click on the picture, select properties. This will give you the address.

3. Copy this address by selecting the text, right-click and select copy.

4. Post a message to the forum to include your picture. Once you want your picture to appear, hit the button "Img" (without quotes, near the top area)

5. This will put the text [img] in the forum. Next, paste your address (right-click, select paste) and then click [img] again.

6. Click on the Preview button (right next to the Submit button) to make sure that the picture works. You should see it in the preview - if not, double check that the address is correct.

In the end, you should have something like this in the post:

Code: Select all
[img]http://madisonreef.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10022/float_switch.jpg[/img]

I hope this helps!!

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

pics

Postby causeofhim on Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:56 pm

OK but how do we post pics in the gallery?
causeofhim

Postby BraenDead on Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:33 pm

I added a new post to this forum on using the gallery :D

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Re: How to post pictures in the forum

Postby tapper of spines on Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:56 am

BraenDead wrote:2. Get the address to your picture you want to post. To do this, find the picture (make sure you find it in its FULL size, not a thumbnail) and right click on the picture, select properties. This will give you the address.

In case you are new at this, like me, this is the step where I made a mistake. I went to my gallery and found the picture that I wanted to put into a post. I then clicked on the "i" in the blue hexagon in the upper left corner of the screen, the "Display/hide picture information" button. The information about the picture then appeared at the bottom of the screen. Amongst the picture information that is listed is the URL. So I copied the URL from the picture information and pasted it into the set. This, unfortunately, is misleading, as this is not the correct URL to put the picture into a post. As Bob mentioned above, the correct way to get the picture's URL is to right-click on the picture, select properties, and find the listed URL.

HTH
TOS
tapper of spines

Postby spbreeder on Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:03 pm

I have an account at photobucket.com (free) and it is easy to transfer photos to and from their site as well. Denise
spbreeder

Postby middleton5 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:21 am

I just posted with a couple of pictures and they are way too big. How do I make them smaller? When I was in Photobucket I clicked on the "resize" bar and supposedly shrunk the picture using the settings for "forums". But when I added that picture again, it was the same size as the one I didn't resize. Am I having trouble using photobucket or transferring the picture?

If you want to see the picture, it is in feedback forum under Silver Surfer.

Thanks,

Jeri
middleton5

Postby Ereefic on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:37 am

I have Windows XP and downloaded 'Image Resizer' from Microsoft. Then you can right click on the pic, click Resize Image and then choose, small, med. or large (or custom), but small and med. work fine.

You'll find it down a little on the right side.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... rtoys.mspx
Ereefic
Site Admin

Cut Off Pictures

Postby Falcon57 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:08 am

I have noticed that pictures I get from my Photobucket page is cut off on the right side. Why?
Enjoying marine reef keeping without going broke.
http://www.infowars.com/
Falcon57

Postby BraenDead on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:22 am

It's likely due to the styles in place with this theme. Once I get the time to restore the old theme it should be better, I beleive.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby jelly on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:36 am

if the photobucket pictures are cut off then resize them. go to resize and click on the block about changing to a percentage. then resize it to 80% and that will help with the issue if the picture being to big
Wounded Warrior Project Alumni.
larger skimmers and calcium reators of all sizes
http://www.aquariumeng.com/index.html#
jelly

Postby BraenDead on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:41 am

Thanks for posting that tip!

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Return to Website Questions