September 26 MARS Meeting 6:00 pm (Toddah's House)

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

September 26 MARS Meeting 6:00 pm (Toddah's House)

Postby Toddah on Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:32 pm

This may seem like a long trip but it actually takes about 15 minutes from the beltline to my house.

1: Start where Todd Drive intersects with the W BELTLINE HWY. in front of the original American TV Store

2: Turn LEFT onto W BELTLINE HWY. 0.1 mile

3: Merge onto US-14 E/US-151 N/US-18 E via the ramp- on the left. 1.1 miles

4: Merge onto US-14 E via exit number 261A toward OREGON. 17.8 miles

5: Turn LEFT onto W BULLARD RD. 1.4 miles

6: Turn RIGHT onto N TUPPER RD. 0.5 miles

7: Turn LEFT onto W CR-M/CR-M. 2.4 miles Map

8: Turn LEFT onto N WILDER RD. 0.7 miles Map

9: Look for LARGE grey pole barn on the right side of Wilder Road. (Neighbors Barn).

Green mailbox marked TOAD HOLLOW

My driveway is just after the pole barn. it's 600 feet long but you should see my motor home and brown workshop at the end of the drive

10: End at 9604 N WILDER RD EVANSVILLE WI

I will have HACKER - PSCHOOR WEISSE beer on tap for the occasion, as well as soft drinks and RO/DI water for the true reefers

Snacks and finger food will be served

Any specialty treats you are famous for would be honorably displayed and I'm sure consumed with great vigor.

I will have my reef reference books available for your viewing pleasure if anyone has books they would not mind sharing during the meeting It might be a good way for people to decide what books they would like to add to their library.

I humbly submit my efforts at creating a 110 Gallon reef in my living room for your entertainment. On display will be some of my meager attempts at DIY projects I have done since diving into this hobby.

Come on down and enjoy the countryside, watch carefully along the way and see the deer, hawks, Blue herons, Sandhill cranes and the ever present black and white dairy cows. (watch out for them, they can tell a city person miles away)

Then when you get here you can relax breath fresh air, talk fish,corals sumps,pumps and in general all things aquarium!!!
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Bump

Postby Toddah on Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:45 pm

Bump
Do you ever wonder why the only thing common in all your dysfunctional relationships with others is you?
Toddah

Trading

Postby friogatto on Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:44 am

I know Eric has some unmounted colt frags available, but I thought I would put this out so anyone interested could let me know for Toddah's Meeting on the 26th.
I have the following:
5 large colt coral frags and several small ones all mounted
1 Piece of elongated Xenia that is unmounted
1 large unmounted purple shroom
6 Small Goniopora babies
Small amounts of macro for starter fuges
Halimeda
Razor
Grape

I'll watch this thread until the meeting so you can post here if your interested in something. I am not asking any $ for these, just good homes.
Also if anyone has something to trade I'm sure Toddah wouldn't mind if we turned his house into a swap meet :-)

Also thanks to all those who came to my meeting. I enjoyed sharing and look forward to seeing everyone elses reefs!
friogatto

Trades

Postby Toddah on Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:35 am

Bring it on, I do not have any bags due to a laps in judgment by my better half (Cleaning spree) so BYOB (bring your own bags).
I have started using the little throw away plastic bowls I have found around at like 4 for a dollar.
I will have a table in the kitchen for swapping and bagging.
Toddah

Postby klasikb on Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:32 am

friogatto
we would be interested in one of your Goniopora babies .
Sheila & Eric
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

Postby phishingpete on Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:52 pm

friogatto
I to would be interested in one of those Goniopora babies.
Pete
phishingpete

Postby MattK on Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:38 am

friogatto,

If you still have any left, I would be interested in one of Goniopora frags, and the purple mushroom.

I'll be bringing Kenya trees (if anyone wants them), and can bring pom pom Xenia as well.

Matt
MattK

Postby friogatto on Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:10 am

I'll bring what I have.
I'm sure I have to work that day but should be there at 7:30.
If you hang around a bit Ill bring them, if not I'll catch up with you later.

Sorry, the mushroom go sucked into my amp 3600. I'm sure I'll have a 1000 of them all over my tank in a couple months :-(
friogatto

Postby klasikb on Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:25 pm

4 more days, I can't wait :)
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

Toddah returns

Postby Toddah on Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:06 am

Hi All,
just returned from a week of kayaking and boondocking in the Boundary Waters area between the Minnesota and Canadian borders area. I have been out of touch for all that time so if anyone needs any info on the meeting just yell.
Toddah

Postby BraenDead on Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:19 pm

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend today as my grandmother is in the hospital.

I hope the meeting goes great!

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby phishingpete on Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:56 pm

Great meeting Toddah, Adrienne and I had a lot of fun. You have a beautiful house and tank. Thanks for the hospitality and frag. Also thanks to Friogatto for the frag. Pete
phishingpete

Postby Toddah on Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:56 pm

Hey Pete,
Thanks to all of you for stopping by. I had a great time. you don't have to wait for a meeting you can give me a call anytime and drop by to talk tanks, corals and whatever.
Toddah

Return to MARS General