Business Cards

Information about the website, forums, etcetera

Moderator: BraenDead

Business Cards

Postby SNAFU 2 on Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:30 pm

Do we have any business cards. I can beleave how many times I wish i had a card to gave to some one at a LFS

Tom
"Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile."
SNAFU 2

Re: Business Cards

Postby Cow086 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:08 am

maybe that is something we could pay for with the frag swap donations. I wouldnt mind having some business cards to pass out either. They could be simple and they wouldn't cost all that much. The only problem is some one would have to design it and find a place that will print them for us. I know there are plenty of places out there to get them. Form the last time i looked in to a business card for anouther thing i was doing you could get like 1000 for like 30 bucks. But i think there is a small fee for the fist printing of them cause they have to input the design in to the machine they make them with. Then they have it on file and can print them like mad.

Some of us might even work at a place that does this and could get it cheaper for us. Or know more about it than me.

But im all for it.

Paul
Cow086

Postby Cow086 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:13 am

just another thought we could even have them customized with out screannames and real names or something if the club maybe pays for the design and just has a link or something to buy them for ourselves on the website. Then that would be like a "free" advertising for the club or at least a donation by the ones that pay for their own cards.

just my 2 cents

Paul
Cow086

Postby mfd78 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:43 am

I don't even think we'd have to have them printed. Why not just use the ink jet printer business cards and get some self laminating plastic? They really should be water proof, shouldn't they? :)

How about rather than printing 1000 cards, we just charge anybody who wants one $2 or something to cover the printing and laminating costs? I'd be willing to take on that task if there is enough interest...

Steve
mfd78

Postby Cow086 on Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:35 am

the point in printing 1000 of them is the idea that a business card is meant to be handed out to lots of people.
Cow086

Postby mfd78 on Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:31 am

To promote the club? I thought we were talking about having one for the purposes of saying you were a club member to show at a LFS.
mfd78

Postby SNAFU 2 on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:19 am

Every time I buy something at a LFS and say I'm From M.A.R.S , they justs look at me and OH THATS NICE :lol: :lol: I've even had one say that he just had a lady in the orther day from Venus :lol: =P~

Still no disc.
My Idea was just to pass them out when you talk to someone at the LFS
Tom
"Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile."
SNAFU 2

Postby Cow086 on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:31 am

i thought the reason you wanted business card was to promote the club... Cause whenever i spend any amount of time in an LFS i meet someone that doesn't know anything about salt water fish and wants to get in to it or is in to it and still knows nothing and gets taken advantage of at the LFS. So i end up talking to them and i inevitably tell them they should join MARS and i tell them my screen name and the names of a few people that can help them more than i can like CUNAreefer... im sure hes gotten some sales due to me. this way.

As far as getting the discount ive had the same response a lot. not the Venus comments but more like so and what is that supposed to mean. And still no discount... The place on University that is now closed i was able to get a discount almost every time but anywhere else they act like they havent heard of MARS.

If you want to make "membership" cards (that are waterproof) I would be interested. As so if any one wants to do the business cards too i would go for that too.

The only problem is in the passed a lot of people discused a membership card and it ended up getting turned down cause we wanted this club to be simple. Some times our simplicty gets in our way...

Paul
Cow086

Postby BraenDead on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:44 pm

SNAFU 2 wrote:Every time I buy something at a LFS and say I'm From M.A.R.S , they justs look at me and OH THATS NICE :lol: :lol: I've even had one say that he just had a lady in the orther day from Venus :lol: =P~

I say "Madison Reef Society" now for that reason :)

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Return to Website Questions