Terror in the woods

Talk about anything and everything non-club and non-reef related

Moderator: BraenDead

Terror in the woods

Postby cr8signs on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:21 pm

A terrible, unthinkable crime was committed on Saturday morning Jan, 10, 2009, in the beautiful North Woods of WI.
5 deer were tortured and slain by snowmobilers. These beautiful, graceful animals were grazing in an open field, when they were herded up and slaughtered. Several snowmobilers repeatedly ran them over, breaking their legs, then while they lay helpless, the snowmobilers drove over them, splitting there bellies, spinning their tracks over their bodies, torturing them until they died . One deer was actually tied to a tree, helpless and unable to flee from its tormentors. One was left to lay and die with all 4 legs broken. With over 2’ of snow on the ground and snowmobiles capable of over 100mph, these peaceful animals were totally defenseless to those acts of terror. I can’t imagine the horror, fear and pain they endured. What kind of a person does this? Their actions were so sick, I can’t even begin to comprehend it. These are the same kind of people who graduate to torturing other animals, helpless children, and women, (proven statistics).
Please, do not just read this and walk-away. Stop and think, if you dare, of those actual moments as this crime played out. We are not powerless to stop these people.
Area snowmobilers have set up a reward fund to help in the capture of these criminals. I urge each and everyone of you donate to this fund.
For all of the times you didn’t do something because you didn’t think YOU could make a difference, don’t let this be one of them. You don’t have to be a snowmobiler or from WI to be outraged. If you love animals and hate the injustice of animal cruelty, please step up to the plate.
Here are some names and numbers of the people you can write or call. I don’t want this to be another news
story that comes and goes in a weeks time, show these criminals that people care .
The reward fund started out at $1000, shortly after it was increased to $4000, because people care it has already risen to $10,000 as of Tuesday morning (Jan. 13). Lets make it clear, that people do care, let your donation speak volumes against this crime. The more people we can reach, the louder we will be heard.
Sincerely
Renee

Send Donations to:
First State Bank of Waupaca
PO Box 549
Waupaca, WI 54981
Checks payable to:
Waupaca County Line Reward Fund
This is being handled by The Waupaca County Snowmobile Assoc. And The Waupaca County Line Snowmobile Assoc.

Call:
1-800-TIP-WDNR with any information you might have towards this crime.
Waupaca Sheriffs Dept- call with any tips.1-715-258-4466
Ted Dremel of the WI DNR, 1-715-281-0364 / Carl Messman- Supervisor , WDNR 1-920-295-8029
are currently in charge of this investigation, let them know you care or if you have any tips
cr8signs

Re: Terror in the woods

Postby causeofhim on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:47 pm

My wife and I saw this on the news the night after it happened. It made me sick. How can people be so cruel?
causeofhim

Postby meisen on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:18 pm

Wow, yeah thats just completely sickening. I am no friend of PETA as much as I love animals but gosh, what a freaking disgrace to anyone with a respect for nature and other living things. How anyone who has any kind of empathy at all could do something like this just baffles me.

Glad that other snomobilers recognize how insulting this is to them and their general reputation for self-regulation and appropriate behavior. Running down of deer with sleds was a problem back in my town when I was a kid but I didnt think this sort of thing happened anymore...at least then it was (mostly) for meat.
meisen

Postby Longinus on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:20 am

The words this brings to mind, well, aren't terribly appropriate for these boards. What kind of sick people would actually do this? Its sickening.
-.-- -.-- --..
Longinus

Postby Rueg on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:04 am

Yes, when we first saw this in the news both my wife and I were completely disgusted. Makes you wonder about some people - how anybody can be that cruel.
Rueg

Postby causeofhim on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Just on the news tonight:

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) -- Investigators are trying to find a snowmobiler who ran over and killed 57 mallard ducks on a river near Fond du Lac.

The Department of Natural Resources says the ducks were killed Tuesday and found in a hole in the ice and on both sides of it in the Fond du Lac River.

Warden Supervisor George Protogere says it appears a single snowmobiler performed two passes of water skipping over the ice hole and hit the ducks. The warden calls the killer a person with no concern for life.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
causeofhim

Postby Jake on Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:22 am

Very disturbing :twisted:

Drunk idiots out on their snowmobiles......
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
Jake

Postby madreef on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:20 pm

looks like they have three guys in custody!
Chemists have all the solutions!
madreef

Postby cr8signs on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:17 pm

57 DUCKS! Thats is crazy! That is a lot of ducks. I hope they catch that idiot too.

I hope they hold them all accoutable to the highest extend of the law possible.
Nice work to all involved with their capture and thanks to all of you who responded.
cr8signs

Postby Rueg on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:22 pm

The guy who ran over the ducks turned himself in. I wonder if he felt remorseful or just afraid of getting caught. Perhaps he had nightmares of ducks attacking him!
Rueg

Postby tim on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:44 pm

I saw one of the guys in the deer/snowmobiles case is also the main suspect in the hit and run death case that is still open from 2004.

These are all the type of people that should not be allowed to reproduce!!!
tim

Postby darkside212 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:03 am

tim wrote:I saw one of the guys in the deer/snowmobiles case is also the main suspect in the hit and run death case that is still open from 2004.

These are all the type of people that should not be allowed to reproduce!!!

unfortunately MOST of them already have.....
darkside212

Postby causeofhim on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:19 am

Snowmobilers run over ducks in Fort AtkinsonBy
Associated Press January 26, 2009 - 1:24 p.m.

Wis. (AP) — Snowmobilers ran over and killed 60 ducks in two incidents while racing across open water beneath a bridge on the Rock River in downtown Fort Atkinson, police said Monday.

It's the third reported incident in Wisconsin this month of snowmobiles running over wildlife.

Police Lt. Jeff Davis said Monday the Fort Atkinson killings occurred on Friday and Sunday nights and likely involved different snowmobilers. Four other ducks were severely injured, he said.

Snowmobiles travel so fast when they skip across the open water in the dark that ducks cannot respond quickly enough to get out of the way, he said.

"Last Thursday, we lost one snowmobile that went through there," he said. "If you don't hit it fast enough, you can get stuck and lose your sled."

It's possible the killings weren't intentional because it is hard to see the ducks under the bridge at night, Davis said. Still, no one stopped to report the weekend killings, he said.

Ducks being killed by snowmobilers in that stretch of the river has occurred before, including 25 in February 2004, Davis said.

Jefferson County Snowmobile Alliance President Larry Chwala said snowmobile clubs and dealers in the area have offered a $2,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of last weekend's duck killers.

Two weeks ago, 57 mallard ducks were run over and killed by a snowmobiler on the Fond du Lac River near Fond du Lac in an incident of water skipping over a hole in the ice.

Three Weyauwega men were charged with animal cruelty in what the state Department of Natural Resources described as thrill killing of five whitetail deer by running over them with snowmobiles just south of Waupaca on Jan. 9.
causeofhim

Postby causeofhim on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:21 am

What's going on? Do we have copycat wildlife killers? What a great name this is making for Wisconsin. :oops:
causeofhim

Postby madreef on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:03 am

[quote="causeofhim"]Snowmobilers run over ducks in Fort AtkinsonBy
It's possible the killings weren't intentional because it is hard to see the ducks under the bridge at night, Davis said. Still, no one stopped to report the weekend killings, he said. [quote]

So if one is speeding on a dark county road and run over people who happen to be there, it is ok because it is hard to see in the dark!

These Dumba**s!
Chemists have all the solutions!
madreef

Next

Return to Club Lounge