Animart

Post your experiences with local and online vendors.

Moderator: BraenDead

Animart

Postby Slakker on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:14 pm

Just got back from Animart, and the store is looking pretty good and the folks were great as usual.

He even took the time to dig up some MONSTER Nassarius snails for me, even though it was right before closing time (sorry! :oops: ) I was happy with the prices I saw on a lot of the livestock, and had a really hard time not coming home with a 2" Kole Tang.

Thanks!
Slakker

Re: Animart

Postby hydro106 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:32 pm

You must have been there on a special day. I can't remember the last time I had good service there. I always love going to a LFS only to wait 20 minutes to be waited on. Plus half the time I have to find someone to help me, and then the person I do find has no idea what they are doing. In the last month I been in there three times. Twice I left with nothing because they didn't know the price of the corals. They did tell me I could come back a couple hours later and someone would be there who knew the price. That's BS. Plus after seeing the things that die off after dipping corals from there makes me wonder how any thing survives.
hydro106

Postby Animart on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:29 pm

Apologize for any inconveniences...If you are not happy with other employees, you can always call ahead of time and come in when I am working, saltwater can always be a little tricky for many people. Not sure about your corals dying off, I personally have always purchased my corals from ANIMART and have never had problems??? Let me know if you need my help, thanks.

Grifin
Animart

Animart

Postby rjmotl on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:32 pm

I had the same problem as hydro. I went into Animart 3 different time to check the price on 1 coral because they workers didn't know the price. They told me each time to come back tomorrow. POOR SERVICE! Also the other day I went in there and I wanted to buy a coral and the worker told me it wasn't for sale. I thought stores sell things to make money!? Good luck Animart :roll:
Last edited by rjmotl on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rjmotl

Postby hydro106 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:14 pm

Why should I have to call ahead to make sure someone is there that knows the price? I don't do that when I go to any other local fish store. Matter of fact I don't have to do that at any store.
hydro106

Postby mysteryship1 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:46 pm

If you think its so bad dont go there and dont waste our time on this very positive thread about reefkeeping!!!!!!!!!! Animart has always been good to me. Maybe they are short on people or you with intelligence and patience.
mysteryship1

Postby hydro106 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Who cares if they are understaffed. That's not my problem. I'm willing to wait but after 30-40 minutes of not being helped even after asking, that's BS. If you've had good luck with them then good for you. Last time I checked the forum was vendor experiences, and I was just stating mine. Sorry if it wasn't up to your positive standards.
hydro106

Postby rjmotl on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:26 pm

Settle down mysteryship1. Hydro and I were just sharing OUR experiences with this vendor. Good or bad, I think that is what you do in the "vendor experiences" section. #-o
rjmotl

Postby gsrsk8er on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:18 pm

I finally got out to Animart last week. I always wanted to get out there after hearing good reviews on the fish section I thought it would be worth the 20 minute drive out there. upon arrival, the store seemed nice. then i got into the saltwater section. every tank was filled with aiptasia and very dirty. i would never buy any livestock from this store for that alone. i also saw a few employees but was never approached. i was very disapointed in my experience

thanks but no thanks.
gsrsk8er

Postby JayPrince on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:27 pm

LOL!!! I go there all the time and never had a problem with service but then again i know griffins schedual and he always goes out of his way to help me. Just cause they work there doesnt mean they know everything about salt-water. Its funny how you've had all these bad experiences but still go there. They might not have all the best corals or fish but then again its only a local PET store. If you're looking for certain corals than i suggest online shopping. Im not trashing on anybody or taking up for ANIMART so dont take offense to what i say but i am saying that Griffins a good guy.

- Kineth
Do it big or dont do it at all
JayPrince

Postby klasikb on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:35 pm

It's just too bad there is only one good employee in the salt section. As you say it is a pet store with a lot going on, but I too have stopped going out of my way to go there. In the past I've had a hard time getting help and there have been times when "things are not for sale". It was nice to see them supporting the swap.
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

Postby meisen on Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:22 pm

Yeah they are in a tough situation....I gather that its hard to get good saltwater people and especially so for a place that has so many different kinds of animals. If you find out when Griffin is there (pm him on here) he will definitely take care of you and he knows his stuff from what I have experienced. Also, he can confirm if this is true but I think he works every thursday b/c thats usually when their orders come in.
meisen

Postby Jake on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Things will be better in there. Let me know if you have any suggestions or want to order something special.
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
Jake

Postby mcmarkrazz on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:40 am

yes it is a little slow for service..tank are a little dirty and have aptasia in them..but the prices on some corals are alot cheaper than other stores and the guy in that section is pretty helpfull and polite..what i dont like is the mentioned already fact that they dont know the prices and dont sell the corals..they should have a tank by itself that says display only for the corals not for sale and have prices clearly marked asap on arrival not a few days later when they get around to it..i will still occasionaly stop in there and if i find a deal will get something but they do have a lot or room for improvement
mcmarkrazz

Return to Vendor Experiences