www.justliverock.com

Post your experiences with local and online vendors.

Moderator: BraenDead

www.justliverock.com

Postby bradhass87 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:19 pm

Ok so I was looking for some cheap dry rock for my foam rock wall project. I found a few different places, but I decided I would go with http://www.justliverock.com due to price and the rock looked the same. Well I got a package today I asked for 75 pounds of small 5 inch pieces and 10 pounds of rubble heres what I got.

This is a 4 foot long towel.

Packaging F-
Reading the comments box F- (I even included the size I wanted in the email... :x )
Rock quality C

justliverock.com Is not recommended by bradhass87.

If I end up needing dry rock again I believe I will go with either Marcorocks.com or Tampabaysaltwater.com.
Last edited by bradhass87 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Two Hobbies, going fast and playing with saltwater, both very expensive...
bradhass87

Re: www.justliverock.com F-

Postby klasikb on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:40 pm

I never heard of them, but I can say macrorocks is good. Remember, you get what you pay for and this hobby you can not cut corners. You just end up spending even more. Good luck with your rock wall. I can't wait to see pics, sounds fun.
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

Postby bradhass87 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:15 pm

I sent the company an email and one I thing have to say is they do respond quickly. They appologized about the mix up and are sending me another 40-50 pounds in smaller sizes and I am only paying shipping.

So as far as customer service I would give them an A.
Last edited by bradhass87 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Two Hobbies, going fast and playing with saltwater, both very expensive...
bradhass87

Postby klasikb on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:05 am

that's great to hear
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

Postby Tonis56 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 am

wow that is pretty good. Its nice when a company can redeem themselves like that, instead of just throwing it aside.

tony-
Tonis56

Postby barbianj on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:40 am

I ordered from Marco rocks twice, and was very happy with both shipments of Key Largo rock.

Fueling your project with cheeseballs and Dew, I see! =P~
barbianj

Postby bradhass87 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:09 pm

Nothing but the best. My work shop is my living room. Mainly because my town house doesn't have a work shop. I could use my dad's but I don't feel like driving and hauling all my stuff there.
bradhass87

Re: www.justliverock.com

Postby limpit on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:00 am

So how was the replacement rock they sent you?

BTW, I have ordered dry rock from Bulk Reef Supply and have been very happy with it.
limpit

Postby bradhass87 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:19 pm

funny you should ask, I have emailed them countless times and kept getting the "we'll get to it next week." Well that was three weeks ago... I finally got the bill for the shipping and it was supposed to be here today but, fedex says that there is a delivery exception? So maybe tomorrow? I hope it's nice. The first stuff I got was fine. I just wished it would have been the sizes I need.
bradhass87

Postby skanderson on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:08 pm

i have to the second the recommendation for bulk reef supply dry rock. the nicest part is that instead of shipping you can buy gas and drive up to the twin cities and handpick all your own rock. the biggest piece i bought wieghed over 30 pounds and was close to 18 inches across .
skanderson

Postby bradhass87 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Yeah but if I drove to the twin citys I would have to see my brother and then drink some beer and that would lead to shots...and at the end of the night...me puking. :( So maybe I'll have to make the drive sometime. :D
bradhass87

Postby Sula on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:08 am

Does BRS have a retail type store? Or did you hand pick by appointment?
When on a journey, it is good to have an end, but in the end it's the journey that counts.
Sula

Postby skanderson on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:13 pm

i did call first but they are open for stop ins during business hours. its in an industrial area and they are in the front of a warehouse so its nothing pretty but it is fun to pick rock out of 6x6 foot bins.
skanderson

Return to Vendor Experiences