Foster and Smith Aquatics-Prices?

Post your experiences with local and online vendors.

Moderator: BraenDead

Foster and Smith Aquatics-Prices?

Postby JRS on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:07 pm

I bought some items before the end of last year and received the typical great service and prices. They were always my gold standard for a fair deal and usually the best price.

I was checking their new website recently and noticed things appear to be significantly higher. Perhaps there were a bunch of holiday sales but I was suprised to see Petsmart has a better everyday price on Filstar canister filters in their retail store today than F&S has online.

Is it just me thinking F&S went up or did Petsmart go down?
JRS

Re: Foster and Smith Aquatics-Prices?

Postby Socratic Monologue on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:10 pm

I've also noticed that the Drs. prices are not as competitive as they used to be. I recently bought a clam from LA for five bucks less than DD (mighta been a little smaller, but still...). Hard goods I can often find for just a couple bucks more locally, so I'll gladly pay that to keep a real store in business.

That said, Petsmart's prices (what I know of them; I do not and will not shop there) can be all over the board.
Socratic Monologue

Re: Foster and Smith Aquatics-Prices?

Postby skanderson on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:59 pm

i agree they have seen to go up recently. been buying either locally or at marine depot for most hardware stuff for the last year or so.
skanderson

Return to Vendor Experiences