SHIPMENT ARRIVING 3/24

Forum for Living Art Aquarium

Moderator: BraenDead

SHIPMENT ARRIVING 3/24

Postby LIVINGART on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 am

Hello and hope everyone is doing great.
Here is an update on what's to come on this weeks livestock delivery:

MIMIC OCTOPUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY RARE AND EXTREMELY COOL!!! ON SALE FOR $200 !!!
SEBAE ANEMONIES
BUBBLE ANEMONIES
ARROW CRABS
BLUELEG HERMITS
CORTEZ REDLEG HERMITS
SCARLET HERMITS
AFRICAN BROWN SEAHARES (BEST ALGAE EATER AWARD)
CAMEL SHRIMP
PISTOL SHRIMP
TROCHUS SNAIL (PHENOMINAL ALGAE EATER AND TEND TO LIVE)
BLUE LIKIA STARS
ORANGE LINKIA STARS (FAT AND JUICY AND HEALTHY) ON SALE $29/EA!
FEMALE BELLUS ANGEL
FEMALE WATANABE ANGEL
CORAL BEAUTIES
PYGMY ANGEL
TANK RAISED ORCHID DOTTYBACKS
ROYAL GRAMMAS
LINEAR BLENNIES (PERFECT NANO BLENNY) ON SALE $25/EA!
GOLD MIDAS BLENNY (AFRICAN)
AFR. MOZAMBIQUE BLENNY
SEAWEED BLENNY
BLACK BOXFISH
BLUEHEAD BUTTERFLYFISH
AFR. PEPPERED BUTTERFLYFISH
AFR. GOLDHEAD BUTTERFLYFISH
GREEN CHROMIS
SOHOL TANG
PURPLE TANG
AFR. POWDER BLUE TANG
TINY BLUE TANGS ON SALE ONLY $30/EA!
TANK RAISED CLOWNFISH (OCELLARIS)
YELLOWTAIL DAMSELS
4-STRIPE DAMSELS
AFR. GOLD HEAD SLEEPER GOBIES
AFR. AURORA GOBIES (BEAUTIFUL!)
PURPLE FIREFISH
FIREFISH
PANDA GOBIES (TINY, PERFECT NANO FISH)
TANK RAISED SEAHORE
YELLOW TANGS
BICOLOR CLEANER WRASSE
BLACK LEOPARD WRASSE
GIANT CARPENTERS FLASHER WRASSE
PERFECT MCCOSKERI FLASHER WRASSE
6-LINE WRASSE
BICOLOR RICORDEA YUMA (BLUE/ORANGE!)
FOX CORAL
SAINT THOMAS RICORDEA
YELLOW WATCHMAN GOBIES
YELLOW CORIS WRASSE

That's about it for this week.
Don't miss out!
Thanks,
Paul
Living Art Aquarium
(608)827-6144
LIVINGART

Re: SHIPMENT ARRIVING 3/24

Postby bradhass87 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:05 pm

I don't know how fast the blue tangs go but could you please hold one for me. I don't get out of work till 6pm.

-Brad
Image Two Hobbies, going fast and playing with saltwater, both very expensive...
bradhass87

Postby PinkLady on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:10 am

Brad, last time they did the tiny baby blue tangs for $30, they went in like 24-48 hours. I stopped in on a Wednesday and was hoping there would still be more by Friday when I got paid, but they were gone. I was so bummed. Paul, what day are you expecting the delivery? I'm off today (Wednesday) and have the cash to finally get one this time! Friday is payday so I'm hoping there's still some cool stuff left then too. Gonna try the orchid dottyback again now that I got the eels separated into their own tank. LOL!

Out of curiosity, how big does a mimic octopus get and what does their care entail? Was trying to look into octopus keeping when I decided to veer into eels instead.
* Jen *

I live in a zoo...
PinkLady

Postby LIVINGART on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:43 am

We are getting in 6 tiny blue tangs today (Wed). They are more sensitive at this size, but our wholesaler has had them for two weeks, so they should be pretty strong. They sell quickly at this price/size. I will hold 1 for Brad and one for Jen thru the end the day today.

Mimic Octopus caresheet
Mimic octopus are masters of escape and require premium water quality. This means that your need to have a fully sealed top with a good filter. Canister filters work good because it is easy to snug the top around the filter tubes and if you secure a pre-filter sponge on the intake of the filter, the octopus will not be able to damage itself by climbing into the filter. Octopus are picky eaters and usually require live food like shrimp, crabs, and small fish. Full size stretched out they are a little wider that the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket. I would recommend at least a 40 gal. aquarium for an adult.

Thanks and hope this helps!
Paul
Living Art Aquarium
LIVINGART

Postby PinkLady on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:49 am

AWESOME! So geeked! Just a question -- do you think my bi-color angel or the maroon clowns will bother such a tiny tang? They normally don't bother other fish but all the other fish are bigger than this little guy will be. I remember last time you had them, they were all burying their faces in a plant trying to hide (SOOO friggin' cute to see). I have a bunch of fake plants I can put in the water for it to hide in until it feels safe/strong enough to venture out.
* Jen *

I live in a zoo...
PinkLady

Postby bradhass87 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:26 am

Thanks Paul! See you tonight!
Image Two Hobbies, going fast and playing with saltwater, both very expensive...
bradhass87

Postby PinkLady on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:32 pm

How funny that we ended up there at the same time! So far the tang is doing well, doesn't seem too stressed out. Right out of the bag it immediately sought out my yellowtail damsel, probably because it looks similar in size and color to the other babies it had grouped with for security. The damsel was not happy about it and flared up and sided up next to the tang to intimidate it, and after a few minutes the tang finally got the point and moved away. Kind of made me sad that he got rejected, poor guy. LOL! He's doing his own thing now, turned the lights to moonlight and added plants to hide in. Also moved around a few key rocks to lessen the territorialness of the bigger fish. Thanks Paul!!!
* Jen *

I live in a zoo...
PinkLady

Postby LIVINGART on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:41 am

PinkLady wrote:How funny that we ended up there at the same time! So far the tang is doing well, doesn't seem too stressed out. Right out of the bag it immediately sought out my yellowtail damsel, probably because it looks similar in size and color to the other babies it had grouped with for security. The damsel was not happy about it and flared up and sided up next to the tang to intimidate it, and after a few minutes the tang finally got the point and moved away. Kind of made me sad that he got rejected, poor guy. LOL! He's doing his own thing now, turned the lights to moonlight and added plants to hide in. Also moved around a few key rocks to lessen the territorialness of the bigger fish. Thanks Paul!!!

Thanks PinkLady.
Sounds like the blue tang is making itself at home (good to hear). Rearranging the rock-work was probably a smart idea. Forgot you had that yellowtail damsel, which can be quite aggressive to similar looking fish. Hopefully the damsel will be mellow and leave ol' blue alone.
Take care and have a great weekend!
Paul
Living Art Aquarium
LIVINGART

Postby bradhass87 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:20 am

Paul you don't happen to have any tangs left? I think my carpet ate mine this morning... :cry: I have a feeling a pair of clowns are in my tanks future.
bradhass87

Postby LIVINGART on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:39 am

Hi Brad,
We do have some more blue tangs, but am not sure if they are 100%.
It would probably be best to call the shop during regular store hours to get an update on their health before making the drive. Thanks and sorry to hear about the disappearance.
Paul
Living Art Aquarium
(608)827-6144
LIVINGART

Postby klasikb on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:49 am

bradhass87 wrote:Paul you don't happen to have any tangs left? I think my carpet ate mine this morning... :cry: I have a feeling a pair of clowns are in my tanks future.

You may want to do the clowns before the next tang, or history may rrepeat itself.:)
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

Postby LIVINGART on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Not a bad idea on the clowns!
LIVINGART

Postby bradhass87 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:54 pm

One step ahead of you. I bought a clown the day of the dissappearence and he hasn't even moved towards the anem. I have come to the conclusion that the carpet will not be moved to the new tank. It will be either traded for a blue tang or sold out right.
bradhass87

Postby PinkLady on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:12 am

My little one took a turn for the worse as well and didn't make it after 2 days. She was stressed at first and confused why the damsel wouldn't let her near (they were identical in size, I think she thought he was another tang), but then discovered the plants I put in for her and spent time hiding in them and also out swimming and eating during feeding time. She seemed to be doing just fine and was eating well and no one was bothering her, but then I woke up Saturday morning and she was dead at the bottom. No wounds, no ich, no torn fins, no nothing. Looked completely normal. Is it possible she stressed so much she gave herself heart failure? I was pretty bummed. :( Think next time I'm going to go for one of the bigger ones -- I bet the poor thing was just too terrified after shipping then acclimating to your tanks then moving right out again and having to acclimate to my bigger tank.
* Jen *

I live in a zoo...
PinkLady

Postby klasikb on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:25 am

Two words everyone = quarantine tank
Just a girl trying to create a little bit of heaven on earth, without killing it :)
klasikb

Next

Return to Living Art Aquarium