not impressed

Forum for Living Art Aquarium

Moderator: BraenDead

Re: not impressed

Postby nemo on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:51 pm

ok ill give em a chance im trying to find some damsel fish....i need about 6 more im from portage wi and dont get to madison often give me 2 weeks and ill stop back...is there anything going on then??
nemo

Postby bradhass87 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:36 pm

You have to understand that Living Art is the best fish store around(IMO). So during peek hours it's packed. I have been there a few times about 5 min to close and they still have ten or so people in there. Just be patient it's worth it! :D
Image Two Hobbies, going fast and playing with saltwater, both very expensive...
bradhass87

Postby PinkLady on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:01 pm

sslak wrote:I just wanted to add this:

Living Art is the ONLY fish store I've ever been to where an employee recommended that I NOT buy a fish because he wasn't sure it was completely healthy. He actually pointed out a small injury the fish had that I didn't notice.

That alone will keep me coming back.

I 2nd this. They've done the same for me, had me wait on getting a particular fish because they wanted to make sure it was healthy, eating, etc. Every other store I've been to has been far too eager to sell fish, even ones out of the so-called "quarantine" tank. The fact that Paul and his staff actually care about the well-being of the animals and the well-being of the customer's tank being maintained, is the #1 reason they are worth the business.

Nemo, when Paul opened up the store a couple years ago, I don't think he realized what a huge customer base he would end up with. They've grown exponentially by word of mouth and repeated good business, and they all work long hours to make sure the store is always staffed as much as possible to handle the large customer loads on busy days/hours. I'm sure they'll expand some day when they have the time/money to find suitable retail space. I do know that they like being the "local fish shop" vs. being some huge impersonal fish store, and that's what I like about going there as well -- the small, community sense I get when I go in there.
* Jen *

I live in a zoo...
PinkLady

Postby salmonshutters on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Another reason he keeps me coming back is that he brings in some great stuff. Yea the prices are not as good as online prices, but you won't find a lfs with a good healthy selection for those prices. Just to show one of the things that I'm glad I got from him is my pistol that i got there yesterday. Here is two pictures of him. Keep up the good work Paul.

salmonshutters

Postby sslak on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:31 pm

NICE shrimp!

On Saturday I picked up that really nice Ebili Angel they had for sale...he's in my QT right now. My fingers are crossed hoping he doesn't like to nip at SPS...or at least is selective so I can keep SOME corals with him :lol:

Great fish at a great price though.
Steve
sslak

Postby LIVINGART on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:53 am

Thanks again everyone.
That pistol shrimp was the biggest I've seen.....Congrats!
Paul
Living Art Aquarium
LIVINGART

Postby EVOLTNVII on Sun May 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Im new here but my opinion is Living art is a great LFS they specialize in just fish. everyone i talked to knew the answer to every question i had im really happy going there. Prices are fair in my mind even compared to some of the best LFS in southern california. Knowledge Quality and Experience are priceless if you dont need any of those shop somewhere else.
EVOLTNVII

Previous

Return to Living Art Aquarium