A+++++++++++

Forum for Living Art Aquarium

Moderator: BraenDead

A+++++++++++

Postby SPSKeeper on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Since Aquatic Specialties closed down(possibly the best LFS there was around the area) I have been searching for a decent fish store. Animart has been out of the question due to poor customer service, unhealthy livestock, and more pests than you can shake a stick at. I have been going to Living Art for years, and have seen the changes they have made to the store, along with the tanks they have. I miss the huge tank by the window, that was a beautiful reef! But now, one HUGE change was the OUTSTANDING frag tank in the back. Seriously, that thing is impressive to say the least. The corals all looked super happy and healthy besides the GHA under the halide lit tank(their switching to LED's, it will be interesting to see the results). Their employees are widely knowledgeable, and extremely nice and well mannered. I have been going there for about 3 years now, any chance I get. And have not once left unhappy or empty handed. If this store ever closes, my tank will suffer immensely!! Please, if your are considering getting some healthy cheap frags, consider Living Art. The frag tank has little "isles" ranging from $15, $25, all the up to $50(I think). And ALL are healthy and reasonably priced for the size. Pet World warehouse doesn't hold a candle to LA, and I wont even mention the others again.

All of my thanks to everyone who keeps Living Art going, you guys are quite possibly the best LFS to have around.

=D> =D> =D> =D>
SPSKeeper

Re: A+++++++++++

Postby SPSKeeper on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:44 pm

Forgot to mention one huge detail about Live Rock from the two different stores. I got about 1 pound of Live Rock RUBBLE from Animart for almost 8 dollars, little did I know it was infested with Hair Algae and Briopsis(awesome......). Paul at Living Art sold me Live Rock rubble for $3 dollars per pound. It was infested with Coraline algae, Foramniferans, button polyps, mini brittle stars, sponges, Blue Clove polyps(was extremely happy/impressed with these HH's) and other BENEFICIAL hitch hikers. The coolest of them all, was a dead euphyllia that has 4 babies that are doing excellent, and a goni that is actually starting to sprout little heads(2 to be exact). This is the only place I will go from now.

People say their prices might be high and I would agree with that except for the fact that when you get an animal/coral from them, you know it's been well taken care of and healthy. They won't even seel you something if they think it won't work for your tank or if they know it's otherwise unhealthy.

Thank you again Paul and everyone who works their, keep doing what you guys are doing. You have one satisfied customer that will always come back!
SPSKeeper

Postby BIKERRN on Sat May 01, 2010 4:55 pm

Bump on LA. Great place, I will gladly pay $ for healthy live stock. When you have a tank for of healthy fish/coral the last thing I need is a "cheap" fish to bring in some disease and wipe me out!!! That "cheap" fish would be the most expensive fish you ever bought!

Think about it ?

thanks Paul for providing the specimens you do.

Todd
BIKERRN

Postby LIVINGART on Mon May 03, 2010 9:43 am

Thanks a lot guys!
We'll continue to do the best that we can to provide the Madison area with all of your aquarium necessities.

Sincerely,
Paul, Steve, Pat, and Katie
Living Art Aquarium
LIVINGART

Return to Living Art Aquarium