Midwest Coral Farms is AWESOME!!

Post your experiences with local and online vendors.

Moderator: BraenDead

Midwest Coral Farms is AWESOME!!

Postby bradhass87 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:17 am

So today I headed from janesville down to waynestown, Indiana to look at a dog that I found on petfinder and I decided that it would be nice to swing by midwest coral farm on the way back. Well I didn't allow for idiot FIBS!!! and traffic jams so I was going to get there after they closed. Hoping deperately to not have wasted the trip I gave them a call. Well wouldn't you know it, these guys are so great they offered to stay late so I could swing on by and snag a few things up.

I arrived at the store and opened the door to see multiple tanks with fish and three large frag tanks and more tanks in the back. I was shortly there after greeted by a young gentle man who, after talking to for a few minutes and asking questions about the livestock, actually knew what he was talking about! :shock: Rare I know! I was very VERY impressed!

I left there with three great clams, and a few corals. I hope I spent enough to make it worth their while! If you ever get the chance to make the drive it's an awesome store! Not a typical pet store where they have dog food and cat toys and a mix and match of pet supplies. All they have is saltwater and boy do they have a lot! I can't believe I put off a trip to there for so long. I know now what I have been missing and will be making another trip as soon as my fish room and new set of tanks is up.

Thanks again guys!!!!
Image Two Hobbies, going fast and playing with saltwater, both very expensive...
bradhass87

Re: Midwest Coral Farms is AWESOME!!

Postby Rueg on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:19 am

I would love to go there - wish they were closer. Glad to hear a good report.

Did you get the dog?
Rueg

Postby plainrt on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Place is crazy and awsome people as said.I always come home with a steal imo from them.There specials are out of this world.Sometimes can pick up corals that would be 150-200ish ordered online or anywhere else for like 40-50 bucks.That clam deal was awsome.Wish had room.
plainrt

Postby bradhass87 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:47 pm

I will be taking him,but this trip I did not bring him home as I felt it would be bad timing with the holidays and not being home a lot. Also he has yet to be neutered so they are going to take care of that and give him his rabies shot and I will head back down to pick him up in a few weeks.

They called him a great dane/ sheperd mix but he looks more pitbullish to me, either way he is a sweet heart! Very calm for a 6 month old puppy. There were three left from the litter and I was going to look at all three then decide, but once I got him out of the cage I was sold. I didn't even end up looking at the other two. I'll post some pictures in the club lounge later today if I get sometime. Still have to finish cleaning up the tank over flow in the basement (thanks snails, you just had to restict the overflow, well I guess that will teach me to not place guards over them... #-o )
Image Two Hobbies, going fast and playing with saltwater, both very expensive...
bradhass87

Postby NVCichlids on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:15 pm

looking forward to seeing pictures of the pup and your corals/clams.
-Nate
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>
NVCichlids

Return to Vendor Experiences