rdfg

Forum for Animart

Moderator: BraenDead

rdfg

Postby Robbins549 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:28 pm

rdfg
Last edited by Robbins549 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robbins549

Re: Foxface died after a week

Postby plainrt on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Well im not sure i feel was right for you to post this.If you got the fish and looked great and ate right away what else more do you want??? You could have stressed it out or had unstable levels or something up with your tank that made it go south.I believe fish like this should be sold as is...................Its all part of hobby.
plainrt

Postby Rueg on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Anybody who has been in this hobby a while has probably bought a fish that looked and ate great right after purchase and for whatever reason - died a week or a month or two later - for who knows what reason. They stop eating - again for who knows what reason. You try all kinds of foods. All other fish in the tank are healthy and still eating. Been there.
Rueg

Postby Robbins549 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks Rueg for the proper response. I created this post to kind of get a feel of whether or not others have had this problem in the past as my neighbor has and went out to experience myself. He says about 70% of livestock and coral from there survive. I edited the original post after plainrt helped me realize my shortcomings in saltwater culturing to avoid more trolls coming, which I felt was where the thread was headed.
Robbins549

Postby Rueg on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:01 pm

FoxFace Rabbitfish are considered to be easy and hardy to keep, but I have had one and known other people who have reported them as being temperamental and skittish. I don't think they are as easy to keep as what they are classified.

I think the one-spots (for whatever reason) are a bit hardier and easier to keep than the regular Lo. Do you know what kind you had? Here is something to help determine which one you had: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aqua ... ?c=15+1465

The only difference between the Lo and the one-spot is the spot on the one-spot. Otherwise they look pretty much identical. But the one-spots I think are easier to keep.
Rueg

Postby plainrt on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Robbins549 wrote:Thanks Rueg for the proper response. I created this post to kind of get a feel of whether or not others have had this problem in the past as my neighbor has and went out to experience myself. He says about 70% of livestock and coral from there survive. I edited the original post after plainrt helped me realize my shortcomings in saltwater culturing to avoid more trolls coming, which I felt was where the thread was headed.

So your calling me a troll? I hope you didnt throw a fit like a 2 year old for the post of mine. Its one thing to come here say a fish died from a lfs but why name the store.To me its like trying to bash the store.I have bought fish and had them stop eating etc and die.Sometimes it happens.I have heard from others in hobby with issues keeping a foxface.
plainrt

Return to Animart