MACNA - anyone attend?

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

MACNA - anyone attend?

Postby BraenDead on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:46 am

Has anyone attended MACNA previously? Someone associated with bringing conventions to Madison reached out to me as they are looking at bringing MACNA to Madison and they have some questions. They'd like to speak to someone who has been to MACNA previously. If you have and would be willing to exchange an email or two, let me know and I will share your contact information. Thanks!

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Re: MACNA - anyone attend?

Postby starboard on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:02 am

So I have never been to MACNA , but I would be willing to share my contacts with who ever decides they would like to take on this endeavor. My wife knows the President of the Greater Madison Convention & Visitor's Bureau (GMCVB) and she also knows the president of the Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce (GMCC) personaly . If anyone is interested in this and would like my help in connecting people I can certainly do so.
I would love to help organize this type of event , but I am not sure if I have the experience MACNA is looking for. This is a super opportunity for anyone involved in this industry and if I had to pick a ring leader involved in the Madison Area I would choose Paul from Living Art or Brian from Best Fish which both have a solid foundation to orchestrate this type of event. My wife and I are definitely willing to help. I already know 2 venues soon to be 3 venues that would be perfect for an event like this.
starboard

Postby Blue2Fyr3 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:31 am

We had the ACA (American civilians association) convention in Milwaukee a few years ago. It was a huge success despite some terrible weather. I know the people who organized that event. Even though it was freshwater I think it proves the area can support a large aquatic event.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
Blue2Fyr3

Postby BraenDead on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:10 pm

Note - it isn't MACNA looking to come to Madison, it is someone from the GMCVB looking to attract MACNA to Madison. This is why they are looking for people who have been to MACNA previously.

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Postby starboard on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:54 pm

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you posted. I thought MACNA tried reaching out to you.
starboard

Postby 7Hogwarts on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:49 pm

I've been to MACNA several times. A friend of mine, who I think is a MARS member, Uncle Carl, used to be on the MASNA board. Also, Dirk can give you lots of info on MACNA. I do know that to pull off MACNA is a HUGE amount of work!!!!!! Ask some of the folks from GIRS.
7Hogwarts

Postby BraenDead on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:22 pm

Would you mind if I share your email address/name with someone from Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB)? If so, just PM me your name and email.

Clarification - I'm not involved in this at all, just helping out the people who contacted me :)

Bob
BraenDead
Site Admin

Return to MARS General