Where can I get micro starfish?

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Where can I get micro starfish?

Postby cyclops23 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:42 pm

Where can I get some micro life to seed my tank? wont need it immediately but Im going to need some live sand or a few pieces of LR shortly to get my 29g Biocube cycling. Can anyone spare a few lbs.? Id pay of course, just would rather not go to the LFS. Thanks!
cyclops23

Re: Where can I get micro starfish?

Postby Longinus on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:08 pm

Honestly, if no one on here offers just grab a small amount of rubble at LA from their mid-range bin. A little bit goes a long way, and I have emerald crabs and mystery corals (its teal and probably an SPS of some type) popping out of the bigger chunk of rock I bought there.
-.-- -.-- --..
Longinus

Postby cyclops23 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:58 pm

Good idea thanks! I dont want anything from Petco or Petland but Id trust LA
cyclops23

Postby MM on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:46 pm

I have a culture of micro stars I am experimenting with. one inch diameter if you can't find any for free I can sell you a few. The culture is still experimental but I could spare a few. - Mark
MM

Postby cyclops23 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:09 pm

Ill definitely hit you up on that Mark thanks! Will you be at the Janesville swap? We could do the sale there. What are you experimenting on?
cyclops23

Postby MM on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:32 pm

yes I will be at Janesville, I can bring you ten of them in a screw cap plastic cup.

Introductory price of 15$ for ten. If i get this colony reproducing as fast as I would like, if it becomes commercial they will be more expensive. they will 3-5 dollars each but as my first customer I think this is a deal. :) I see they sell on EBay for about fifty for ten. I may someday start selling on ebay if I ever have the time anyway. I don't have enough to sell a bunch of these so if a bunch of you ask for them I will not be able to do it but you're locked in for a

- mark
MM

Postby cyclops23 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:00 pm

Sweet thanks Mark! Ill definitely take 10 my tank should be good and well cycled by then. Ill PM you when it gets closer
cyclops23

Return to MARS General