Happy anniversary to me!

Madison Area Reef Society - Club and reef discussion

Moderator: BraenDead

Happy anniversary to me!

Postby mfd78 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:11 pm

I haven't been on MARS much lately...shame on me. But, I just looked at my log and discovered that yesterday was the 9th anniversary of my 75g tank! Running continuously since Feb. of 2005. It's come a long ways in that time - from bio-balls (lol) and PC lights to MH lights and now LED lighting. I've had a couple of floods and power outages over the years but nothing too serious and only one accident that had the potential to destroy the tank...but didn't. I don't care to know what I've spent in equipment, electricity, water, salt, etc. but even if I knew, I'd do it all over again. I'm still amazed by what goes on in that thing and the beauty it contains.

That being said, it is also in need of some trimming. I'm going to frag a bunch of stuff in the next couple of weeks and start posting so keep your eyes open. I've got everything from frogspawn, softies, and mushrooms to yellow, blue, and purple sps. Thanks for all the help over the years MARS folks, you'll never know how helpful you were - and remember...let's keep it salty out there!

Steve Dahlgren
mfd78
mfd78

Re: Happy anniversary to me!

Postby MadCityReefer on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Congrats on all your success, glad everything is doing well for you after all those years. I'm also glad to see some of the old school folks that have been on MARS for some time are starting to poke there heads out again.
KEEP ON REEFIN ON!!
tank build: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12927
MadCityReefer

Postby Longinus on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Yay for frags! Cause my tank isnt already packed past capacity :P
-.-- -.-- --..
Longinus

Postby Jeromi on Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Congrats! + 1 to what Cliff said
Jeromi